by Jason Hughes, posted Apr 14th 2010 1:03PM
(S01E05) Ah, family. Probably the one thing Raylan didn't want to have to deal with upon his return to Kentucky. Unfortunately, a stakeout brought him to Harlan, where his father and stepmother live and operate. For the first time since 'Justified' premiered, we got a huge dose of the Givens family drama Raylan was running away from in the first place.
Can't say as I blame him. Family is always family, but if I had someone like Raylan's father Arlo to deal with in my family, I don't know how I'd handle it. Both Timothy Olyphant and Raymond J. Barry, as Arlo, did a masterful job of showing the layers of complexity in their relationship throughout the episode.
The hurt and frustration Raylan went through as a child never quite left him, and while there are traces of guilt and regret in Arlo, there's so much more of him that's never bothered to change and never quite will.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Horror Story: Coven' adds 'Fringe's' Lance Reddick as ...
- 'Doctor Who': 'The Time of the Doctor' poster declares 'A change is going to come'
- 'Dominion' gets a series order from Syfy
- 'Orange Is The New Black' creator Jenji Kohan developing HBO Salem period drama
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC after Sarah Palin furor
- More From Zap2it
- Jayma Mays Talks The Millers' Sibling Rivalry, How She Wishes She Were HIMYM's Mother
- The Voice's Caroline Pennell on Tackling Bieber, Rocking 'Royals,' Accepting Cee Lo's Laid-Back Coaching: 'Everyone Else Was Standing Up'
- AHS: Coven Casts Fringe Vet as… Satan?!
- Syfy Orders Legion-Inspired Dominion to Series
- Once Upon a Time Exclusive: Find Out Who Will Let Down Her Hair as Rapunzel
- More From TVLine