Strong recently spoke to AOL TV about how she'll manage to do both shows and shared her thoughts about winning over the die-hard "Pam and Bobby" fans.
Read on to get the actress' thoughts on one beloved show ending and another one being revived.
On March 21, 1980, 'Dallas' viewers gasped as an unknown assailant shot J.R. Ewing (Larry Hagman), the ultra-manipulative, double-dealing womanizer we loved to hate. The Texas oil baron had so many enemies, anybody could have pulled the trigger. Was it his bitter alcoholic wife Sue Ellen? His upright but resentful brother Bobby? His arch-enemy Cliff Barnes, who blamed him for stealing his daddy's oil business? Or any number of other relatives, business associates, mistresses (or their angry husbands), who had ample motive for revenge?
It was an unprecedented pop culture moment with "Who Shot J.R.?" T-shirts and Vegas laying odds about who the culprit would be. Ninety million people tuned in the next fall to find out that the shooter was Kristin, J.R.s sister-in-law whom he'd also been sleeping with.
The show never again reached such ratings heights, but the cliffhanger craze was born. Over the next 12 seasons, we were treated to crashes, fires and all kinds of bite-your-nails finales that left nearly every character's life on the line at some point. In honor of the 30th anniversary of that fateful shot, we count down 'Dallas's top 10 most memorable moments.
And I'm not just talking about the FG swag (pens, notebooks, inflatable Brian dolls) either. The cast of FG is doing a live table read of the show's 100th episode titled "Stewie Kills Lois." The title says it all!
A FOX publicist advises anyone of the faint of heart and all non-Quagmire-types to consider making their way to the exit door. I don't see anyone leave.
If you had asked me what professions Dallas star Victoria Principal would do besides acting, I probably would have said model or talk show host or restaurant owner, or maybe even cosmetics queen, which she actually is. But "astronaut" would have been way down on the list, right after lion tamer and NFL quarterback.
But into space is where Principal is going. She's going to be one of the first civilian astronauts on Virgin Galactic, which will launch in 2008. Now, I'm sure she's not going to be docking with the International Space Station. The space plane will probably go just into space enough to call it a trip into space. But I'm not knocking that at all, that's legit, and I'd love to put a little Star Trek into my life, if I had a gazillion dollars.
And then I'd wake up and go into the shower and realize it was all a dream.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Victoria's Secret Fashion Show': Miley Cyrus strikes again and she wasn't even there
- 'American Horror Story: Coven''The Head': A 'Good Wife' face stops by
- 'Dance Moms' holiday special: Cathy Nesbitt-Stein stops by to fight
- 'The Sing-Off' Season 4: Meet Street Corner Renaissance
- 'The Voice' results: The Top 3 revealed - Who made it to the finals?
- More From Zap2it
- Sons of Anarchy Post Mortem: Maggie Siff, Katey Sagal, Kurt Sutter on Deadly Finale, Plus Scoop on Season 7 —'Jax Is Completely Untethered'
- Sons of Anarchy Finale Recap: Kitchen Sunk
- Chicago Fire Fall Finale Recap: Watch Your Head
- The Voice Season 5 Semifinal Results Recap: Did the Right Three Singers Make the Finale?
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on True Blood, Criminal Minds, Revenge, Psych, Nashville and More
- More From TVLine