Okay, folks. I think you may need to help me figure out what the hell the World Wrestling Entertainment (lovingly known as the WWE) is doing here. According to a press release at their website the Sci-Fi Channel will be premiering a version of Extreme Championship Wrestling (passionately known as ECW) starting on June 13th. The series will feature an alternative brand of wrestling that is suited to the Sci-Fi audience. Huh?
Okay, let's read further. According to Bonnie Hammer, president of Sci-Fi Channel and its sister, USA Networks, ECW will bring action with a twist that science fiction fans will enjoy. Vince MacMahon, Chairman of WWE, adds that ECW will push the boundaries of sports entertainment in new and unexpected ways.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 18 Official Photos: Celebrities with Their Partners
- Meet the Contestants from 'Hell's Kitchen' Season 12
- 'Castle' 6.19 Photos: Captain Gates Gets a Visit from Her Estranged Sister
- 'Grimm' Season 3 Episode Photos
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Moments of Desperation or Hope
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Revenge' reveals a mother of a twist in post-Olympics return, 'Payback'
- 'Teen Wolf' Season 4 spoilers: A new teacher and student coming to Beacon Hills
- 'Orphan Black' Season 2 trailer: Sarah, kissing, fighting and a bald clone
- 'The Originals': Will Marcel and Rebekah run away together?
- 'True Detective' ends on a series high, 'Cosmos' gains audience from cable
- More From Zap2it
- Revenge First Look: Emily and Victoria Face Off (and Get Physical) in Fabulous Fashion
- ABC Family Sets Summer Premieres For Pretty Little Liars, 90210 Gals' Mystery Girls and More
- Orphan Black Season 2 Trailer: New Enemies Attack Sarah & Co. — Plus: A [Spoiler] Clone?!
- Cable Ratings: True Detective Finale Draws Record Crowd; Plus Lindsay's Premiere Numbers
- Exclusive Twisted Sneak Peek: Danny Makes a Surprising Confession About Vikram's Death
- More From TVLine