July 23, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted May 22nd 2008 4:23PM
You think winning two Oscars would earn you some respect, right? What about a Tony and Emmy winner? No, apparently not -- in either case. Two high-profile TV movies which feature Jessica Lange and Mary-Louise Parker are being broadcast -- unceremoniously -- over the next three Saturday nights on CBS. Yes, they are essentially being dumped. The Nielsen numbers for programs on Saturday nights is next to nothing. By running Sybil and Vinegar Hill, these stars' respective films on that night of the week, CBS is showing no faith in them, let alone TV movies in general. I guess Hallmark Hall of Fame movies are the exception to the rule.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'SYTYCD' Predictions: Which Top 16 Dancers Are Safe?
- 'America's Got Talent' Recap: Welcome to Judgment Week
- 'The Real Housewives of New York City' Season 6 Finale Recap: Aviva Loses Her Head and Her Leg
- 'Chasing Life' Recap: Bylines and Goodbyes
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Season 2 Cast Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- Supernatural's Jensen Ackles Previews Demon Dean — Plus: A Musical Hour?
- Hot in Cleveland Sneak Peek: A Surprise Wedding for Chris Colfer?
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: One Flew Into the Cuckoo's Nest
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Grey's, Supernatural, P'hood, Flash, Scandal, Bones, NCIS and More
- Regina King Joins American Crime Drama, Books Big Bang Encore
- More From TVLine
- Lana Del Rey: 'I've Slept With a Lot of Guys in the Industry'
- Mark Ruffalo Retrieves Lost Wallet On Twitter
- Britney Spears Is Launching a Lingerie Line!
- Star-Studded 2014 iHeartRadio Music Festival to Feature Taylor Swift, One Direction
- Zoe Saldana and Marco Perego Expecting First Child (REPORT)
- More From ET