by Allison Waldman, posted May 22nd 2008 4:23PM
You think winning two Oscars would earn you some respect, right? What about a Tony and Emmy winner? No, apparently not -- in either case. Two high-profile TV movies which feature Jessica Lange and Mary-Louise Parker are being broadcast -- unceremoniously -- over the next three Saturday nights on CBS. Yes, they are essentially being dumped. The Nielsen numbers for programs on Saturday nights is next to nothing. By running Sybil and Vinegar Hill, these stars' respective films on that night of the week, CBS is showing no faith in them, let alone TV movies in general. I guess Hallmark Hall of Fame movies are the exception to the rule.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'X Factor' Top 6: Jeff Gutt and Ellona Santiago bring it
- 'Christmas in Rockefeller Center': Mariah Carey gets funky on 'Joy to the World'
- 'Arrow' recap: Barry Allen flashes in for 'The Scientist'
- 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water': Unbelievable - Ciera steps up big time
- 'Sherlock' Season 3 photos: 'The Empty Hearse'
- More From Zap2it
- Scandal's Jeff Perry Talks Blindsided Cyrus, Fitz/ Olivia Roadblocks and the 'Exquisite Hell' Ahead
- Jayma Mays Talks The Millers' Sibling Rivalry, How She Wishes She Were HIMYM's Mother
- The Voice's Caroline Pennell on Tackling Bieber, Rocking 'Royals,' Accepting Cee Lo's Laid-Back Coaching: 'Everyone Else Was Standing Up'
- AHS: Coven Casts Fringe Vet as… Satan?!
- Syfy Orders Legion-Inspired Dominion to Series
- More From TVLine