April 20, 2014
by Annie Wu, posted Aug 14th 2006 12:31PM
(S02E06) I am seriously amazed. Somehow, every episode manages to one-up the episode preceding it (or come close to doing so). I mean, the "House of Mummies" and "Twenty Years" are still my all-time favorites, but this episode was wickedly strong. Not as much action as "Twenty Years", but quite a bit of melodrama and loads of funny moments. I kind of feel like if a bad or barely decent episode comes up soon, it's just going to hit even worse because these past few episode have been so great. I really hope this trend of awesomeness (for lack of a better word) continues. No pressure, Doc and Jackson.
by Annie Wu, posted Aug 7th 2006 9:38AM
(S02E05) It's been two weeks since a fresh episode of The Venture Bros. Two viciously agonizing, heinously miserable, adverb adjective weeks. However, "Twenty Years to Midnight" made the wait completely worthwhile. The amount of action was a nice surprise, a true throwback to the show's original roots: a take-off of the 60's cheesy, mystery-adventure cartoons. All these amazing elements have caused me some inner conflict. See, in my last VB post, I said that "Escape to the House of Mummies Part II" had become my favorite... Well, now I don't know how to feel. My heart is now painfully torn between a Doc Hammer script and a Jackson Publick script! Ohh, "Twenty Years" is truly worthy contender for my love. The guest appearance by Stephen Colbert didn't hurt, either.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers From New Girl, The Good Wife, Thrones, Vampire Diaries & More
- Orphan Black Season 2 Premiere Recap: Fishy Business — Plus: Grade the Episode!
- Ratings: Hannibal Rises, Shark Tank and Kitchen Nightmares Slip, Hart of Dixie Steady
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Awkward, Shameless, Crisis, Mindy and More
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black Returns, a Devious Premiere, Salem and More
- More From TVLine