August 21, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted May 10th 2009 9:03AM
Today is Mother's Day, and while J.J. Abrams' new big screen version of Star Trek re-imagines the mythology of the Enterprise crew and vanquishes Spock's mother Amanda in an alternate time line, I prefer to remember Spock's mother the way she was on television. On the original Star Trek episode that aired on November 17, 1967, "Journey to Babel," introduced Ambassador Sarek of Vulcan and his lovely human wife Amanda, when they boarded the Enterprise on a diplomatic mission. It was a shock to Captain Kirk to discover that the elegant older couple were not merely envoys, they were in fact, Spock's parents.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Suits' Quotes from 'This is Rome'
- Meet the Contestants of 'Hell's Kitchen' Season 13
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 11: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- 'RHOC': Get Ready for a 'Mellow' to 'Out of Hand' Reunion
- Julianne Hough Returns to 'Dancing with the Stars' as Fourth Judge
- More From BuddyTV
- Pretty Little Liars First Look: 'Fatal' Summer Finale Claims Its First Victim
- TVLine Items: Wonderland Genie Joins Tut, Syfy's Expanse Adds 24 Vet & More
- Reckless Sneak Peek: Will Jamie Give Love a Second Chance?
- Ratings: SYTYCD and Talent Slip to New Lows, Extant Steady, Motive Rises
- Grey's Boss Shonda Rhimes Drops Bombshell: 'I'm Not Going to Say Derek and Meredith Are Never Breaking Up'
- More From TVLine
- 'American Horror Story': Season 4 Premiere Date Revealed—Plus, Watch the 'Freak Show' Trailer!
- Jon Hamm on His Hometown Ferguson: 'It's Rough to Watch'
- Chris Pratt Dresses Up as 'GOTG' Character for Children's Hospital Patients
- MTV VMAs 101: Everything You Need to Know About Sunday's Show
- EXCLUSIVE: The 'Revenge' Cast is Tipsy in These Hilarious Season 3 Bloopers!
- More From ET