April 1, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted May 10th 2009 9:03AM
Today is Mother's Day, and while J.J. Abrams' new big screen version of Star Trek re-imagines the mythology of the Enterprise crew and vanquishes Spock's mother Amanda in an alternate time line, I prefer to remember Spock's mother the way she was on television. On the original Star Trek episode that aired on November 17, 1967, "Journey to Babel," introduced Ambassador Sarek of Vulcan and his lovely human wife Amanda, when they boarded the Enterprise on a diplomatic mission. It was a shock to Captain Kirk to discover that the elegant older couple were not merely envoys, they were in fact, Spock's parents.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Flash' Quotes from 'Tricksters'
- [Video] 'DIG' Exclusive Clip: Will Debbie Be Saved?
- 'Supernatural' Interview: Jim Beaver Teases Bobby's Return is 'The Real Deal'
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' Predictions: Who Will Go Home in Week 6?
- 'American Idol' Predictions: Who Will Leave the Top 9?
- More From BuddyTV
- CBS Schedules 21 Finales (Which Got Supersized?), Stalker's Return
- April Fools' Day: 25 Twisted Plot Tricks from Alias, Arrow, Buffy, PLL & More
- Ratings: New Girl, NCIS, S.H.I.E.L.D. Tie Lows; Weird Loners Has Few Friends
- X-Files Revival: Cigarette-Smoking Man, Walter Skinner Set to Return
- Supernatural's Jim Beaver on Bobby's 'Wistful' Heaven, Concerns About Dean
- More From TVLine
- Luke Bryan's First ACM Awards: 'Reba Walked Out, and I Started Crying'
- Jim Beaver Talks Reuniting With His 'Supernatural' Family: 'Jared Crushed My Ribcage!'
- Hollywood's Hottest Bikini Bods
- Lucy Lawless Is a Bewitching Nemesis in New Season of ‘Salem'
- Tom Hanks' Son Chet Haze Threatens Howard Stern
- More From ET