by Allison Waldman, posted May 10th 2009 9:03AM
Today is Mother's Day, and while J.J. Abrams' new big screen version of Star Trek re-imagines the mythology of the Enterprise crew and vanquishes Spock's mother Amanda in an alternate time line, I prefer to remember Spock's mother the way she was on television. On the original Star Trek episode that aired on November 17, 1967, "Journey to Babel," introduced Ambassador Sarek of Vulcan and his lovely human wife Amanda, when they boarded the Enterprise on a diplomatic mission. It was a shock to Captain Kirk to discover that the elegant older couple were not merely envoys, they were in fact, Spock's parents.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 13 Stories That Changed TV in 2013
- 'Scandal' Season 3 Episode Photos
- 'The Amazing Race': The Top 20 Challenges of Season 23
- 'Once Upon a Time': 20 Horrifying, Heartwarming and Hilarious Moments from 'The New Neverland'
- 'The Amazing Race' Season 23 Highlights: Elephants, Camels and Rams, Oh My!
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Sing-Off': Princeton Footnotes''I Knew You Were Trouble' not enough to save them
- 'Hostages' Season 1, episode 12: 'The Cost of Living' and dying
- 'Sing-Off': One Direction gets the Street Corner Renaissance treatment
- 'Best Funeral Ever': Funeral planners or celebrity impersonators?
- 'Arrow' midseason finale video: Oliver faces 'Three Ghosts'
- More From Zap2it
- Sleepy Hollow Fall Finale Recap: Six Thousand Little Ichabods
- The Voice Season 5 Semifinal Performance Recap: Keep Calm and 'Carry On'
- Sleepy Hollow: More Corbin? Suspect Sin Eater? An Ichabbie Weekend? And More Burning Qs
- TVLine Items: Murphy Brown Reunion, Bonnie & Clyde Ratings, Sarah Palin's New Gig and More!
- Community Sneak Peek: Jeff Unexpectedly Finds Himself Back at Greendale as [Spoiler]
- More From TVLine