July 24, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted May 10th 2009 9:03AM
Today is Mother's Day, and while J.J. Abrams' new big screen version of Star Trek re-imagines the mythology of the Enterprise crew and vanquishes Spock's mother Amanda in an alternate time line, I prefer to remember Spock's mother the way she was on television. On the original Star Trek episode that aired on November 17, 1967, "Journey to Babel," introduced Ambassador Sarek of Vulcan and his lovely human wife Amanda, when they boarded the Enterprise on a diplomatic mission. It was a shock to Captain Kirk to discover that the elegant older couple were not merely envoys, they were in fact, Spock's parents.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 16 Most Blood-Tingling Hookups from 'True Blood'
- '24' at Comic-Con 2014: Issues with Shooting in London, An Alternate Ending and a Movie Update
- ?So You Think You Can Dance? Season 11: Top 16 Performance Rankings
- 'America's Got Talent' Recap: Next Stop...Radio City Music Hall!
- 'Graceland' Recap: Paige Goes Through Hell
- More From BuddyTV
- Scandal's 'Randy' Season 4 Premiere Title: What Could It Possibly Mean?
- Legend of Korra Is Moving Online, But 'There Is Definitely a Book 4'
- Freak Show Adds All My Children Alum
- TVLine Items: Mayim's Candid, Conan Is Beheaded, Big Bang Status and More
- Ratings: Fresh Talent Boosts Taxi, Big Brother and SYTYCD Rise, Extant Falls
- More From TVLine
- Watch 'Big Brother' Star Frankie Grande Get the News His Grandpa Died
- Daniel Radcliffe on Losing His Virginity: I Had a Really Good First Time
- Lana Del Rey: 'I've Slept With a Lot of Guys in the Industry'
- Dwayne Johnson Reveals His Hilarious Secret For Getting Ripped For 'Hercules'
- Justin Bieber Teases 11 New Songs On Instagram
- More From ET