September 2, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted May 10th 2009 9:03AM
Today is Mother's Day, and while J.J. Abrams' new big screen version of Star Trek re-imagines the mythology of the Enterprise crew and vanquishes Spock's mother Amanda in an alternate time line, I prefer to remember Spock's mother the way she was on television. On the original Star Trek episode that aired on November 17, 1967, "Journey to Babel," introduced Ambassador Sarek of Vulcan and his lovely human wife Amanda, when they boarded the Enterprise on a diplomatic mission. It was a shock to Captain Kirk to discover that the elegant older couple were not merely envoys, they were in fact, Spock's parents.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Survivor's Remorse Renewed for Season 3 at Starz
- Bryan Cranston's Sneaky Pete Gets Amazon Series Order
- TVLine Items: Supergirl Casts General Sam Lane, AGT Renewed and More
- The Daily Show Adds Awkward Actress, Sullivan & Son Grad and 1 More
- Does Arrow's Season 4 Poster Earn 'Higher' Marks Than Last Year's?
- More From TVLine
- Kate Gosselin Weighs in on Justin Bieber's Copycat Hair: 'He Can Have It'
- People Won't Stop Commenting 'Miley, What's Good?' on Miley Cyrus' Instagram Pics
- Jennifer Garner Looks Fit and Happier Than Ever While Working Out
- EXCLUSIVE! 'Kevin From Work': First Look at Fred Willard's Outrageous Guest Role!
- Avril Lavigne Announces Separation From Nickelback Frontman Chad Kroeger
- More From ET