Before I begin I just want to let you know that I am just the messenger, and that all replies of outrage should go directly to Andy Dehnart at MSNBC. See, Andy writes the weekly '5Top' column at MSNBC's website and this week he focuses on the top 5 shows that should be canceled. Now, you would think that a list such as this would contain shows such as According to Jim, The War at Home, or Meet the Press. This one actually contains none of those shows. In reality, it contains five shows that are actually still pretty big and watched by good amount of the viewing public.
From bottom to top, Andy wants to cancel CSI:New York, ER, The Simpsons, 24 and Lost. Wow! All right, I could see CSI:NY and ER, although the longest-running medical drama on television right now has seen a rebound this season. It may not matter anyway as next season may be the show's last. But, The Simpsons? Sure, it's not as strong as it used to be; however, if you're a FOX network executive are you really going to pull the show right before The Simpsons Movie premieres in theaters this summer, which will probably bring a resurgence to the show next season? I think not! Lost and 24? Sure, cancel those. Just be ready for the angry mobs of rabid fans that storm the network studios when that happens.
By the by, after you read Andy's picks scroll down to the live MSNBC vote on what shows should be put out of their misery. Lost is up there with 15 percent of the vote, followed by ER and The Simpsons with 12 percent. Oh, According to Jim is on that list as well, with a measly seven percent of the vote. Huh. Maybe we were all wrong about that show after all.
FOX's animation-heavy Sunday lineup kicks off this Sunday starting with The Simpsons at 8, American Dad at 8:30, Family Guy at 9, and The War at Home at 9:30. That doesn't matter though, because we're not going to talk about those shows right now. Instead, let's dive into the nifty press pack FOX sent out to promote their returning Sunday shows. After the jump you'll see pictures of me enjoying all the cool free stuff. Please be aware that I suffer from a rare skin condition, and I'm only twenty-two inches tall. Okay, let's tear into this kit:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'Breaker of Chains'
- 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars' Week 8 Express Pass Power Rankings: With a Little Help from My Friends
- 'The Good Wife' Recap: Can Louis Canning Save Lockhart-Gardner?
- 'Mad Men' Recap: A Surprising Valentine's Day
- 'The Amazing Race: All Stars' Recap: Screw the U-Turn
- More From BuddyTV
- True Blood Season 7: First Teaser Reveals 'Sick Vampires' and Civil War in Bon Temps
- Mad Men Recap: A Thorny Matter Indeed
- Did WGN America's Salem Bewitch You?
- Devious Maids Season Premiere Recap: Bridges of Beverly Hills — Plus: Bonus Scoop
- Game of Thrones Recap: The Devil You Know
- More From TVLine