Danke schoen, Yahoo! I've had many a sleepless night since Wayne Newton was sidelined with a recurring heart infection, canceled his holiday gig in Vegas and put his participation in the Dancing with the Stars tour in jeopardy. I have a pile of panties and bras next to my bed ready to go (Because Wayne expects his fans to throw bras and panties at him on stage, of course. Why else would I have so many? Or any at all?).
"I'm thrilled that my doctors have given me the OK to hit the road this winter and perform for all of my fans across the country," Newton announced. The three month tour begins December 18. I'd say more, but I have to go pack all my stuff. I'm going to go Deadhead on this tour and follow them around, smoking ... er ... medicinal herbs, dressing in brightly colored tuxes and getting extensive plastic surgery at each stop. And I'm legally changing my name to Mr. Las Vegas, Jr.
They went right to the recap after that. Mark was really happy to be called the little engine that could. Floyd talked about his new experience, calling ballroom dancing better than hip-hop. Mel took the truck driver comment in good stride, asking for the truck driver vote. Jane was left trying to defend the lift again. Jenny ignored that lift nonsense and said she looks forward to continuing to improve. Cameron was excited about his three nines. As you would expect, Sabrina was thrilled to have the first perfect score of the competition.
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- Am I the only one who thinks the Spice Girls can take care of themselves?
- We lost both Drew and Wayne last night on Dancing with the Stars.
- The Pitts, a horribly unsuccessful sitcom from 2003, is being reincarnated as a cartoon.
(S05E07) At the start of the show, Drew announced that tonight would be his last as co-host. Samantha Harris will be returning to work next week, which should make many people very happy. I still wish they had used a different former contestant each week, but Drew was a logical choice. They emphasized the men versus women angle again, and the women were declared the "winners" this week. The ladies dominated the leaderboard, leaving the men in the bottom half of the rankings.
In the post-performance confessional, Cameron was pumped about getting a higher score this time around. Mark said that he needed to truly believe he was a dancer before he could improve. Work isn't everything. Wayne had another humorous response to the judges' criticism. He thought that anyone who says you can lead a lady is out of their mind. I love that Wayne is always ready with a comeback for the judges and the hosts. Floyd felt like he let his partner down, but Karina assured him that this wasn't the case. Helio didn't let his middle-of-the-pack scores get him down.
(S05E06) This week's episode was quite the emotional roller coaster, wasn't it? Tears, comebacks, fake hair, a bare-chested Maks--all in 90 minutes! Tom opened the show by noting that this season's cast has logged more hours of training in the show's entire history, which is encouraging. Drew Lachey was back again for more awkward small talk and poorly articulated jokes. He did this really dorky dance next to Tom which proved that you can forget months of dance training like that.
A few things caught my eye during the introductions. Maksim brought back his trademark vest-only look; Jane Seymour was wearing a wig; Mark Cuban was, thankfully, wearing sleeves; and, Wayne had fake hair on both his head and face.
As we sit now, Helio and Sabrina are way out in front, but it's way too early to call the competition. That pesky little detail called the fan base has a way of wreaking havoc on the best laid plans. Would it rear it's head in week two? So early in the competition? Quite possibly, but we can't be spoiling all of that before the jump. Click the link for all the details from the week two results show.
(S05E04) The stars are back for week two, and it's what I usually find to be one of my favorite weeks. The nerves and the pressure of the unknown are so hard to overcome in that first appearance, that week two is where much ground can be gained based on nothing more than a little confidence. As we would see tonight, that, as much as anything, is what is still holding a few of our stars back. Tom opened the show with a quick recap of last week, reminding everyone that Josie is no longer in the competition. But with eleven couples to dance, there was no time to dawdle, so on with the show.
(S05E03) The three-part premiere week finally reached its conclusion, and one star was sent packing. Tom's introduction really played up the battle of the sexes angle, calling Week 1 a "dance duel." Drew returned as Tom's co-pilot, and I'm curious to see how long he'll stick around. As usual, there was a tidy summary of the previous night of performances. The men answered the call after Len's warning on Monday night. Like Jennie Garth, Cameron set the standard with his Foxtrot. In his post-performance interview, Cameron was very proud of all the work he did.
(S05E02) After sitting on the sidelines last night, the male contestants got a chance to showcase their talents. Host Tom Bergeron dubbed tonight's episode "Testosterone Tuesday, " and I bet he wishes he could use that line again. We've reached the second part of the three-night premiere extravaganza, and I'm already exhausted. Tonight the men attempted the Foxtrot and the Cha Cha Cha, after getting a look at their competition yesterday. Drew Lachey was back in the co-host position, which might not have pleased some of you (especially those who sounded off on yesterday's blog). There was no all-pro dance tonight; the show cut right to the standard celebrity introductions. Mark Cuban still looked awkward, Julianne looked sensational in her dress, and the crowd went crazy for Mr. Las Vegas, Wayne Newton.
(S05E01) It's that time of year again, and fans always know what to expect from Dancing With The Stars: glamorous B-list celebrities, exciting performances, and frequent use of the phrase "than ever before." Host Tom Bergeron started things off by calling this season the "dawn of a new era," and claimed that they have the "most exciting cast ever assembled." Let's let the ratings decide that, shall we? For the first week of competition, the powers that be tried something new--a three-night premiere! Can you handle it?
- Mel B (Spice Girl) paired with Maksim Chmerkovskly;
- Sabrina Bryan (Cheetah Girl) paired with Mark Ballas;
- Helio Castroneves (race car driver) paired with Julianne Hough;
- Mark Cuban (businessman) paired with Kym Johnson;
- Jennie Garth (former 90210 actress) paired with Derek Hough;
- Josie Maran (supermodel) paired with Alec Mazo;
- Cameron Mathison (All My Children) paired with Edyta Silwinska;
- Floyd Mayweather, Jr. (boxer) paired with Karina Smirnoff;
- Wayne Newton (singer) paired with Cheryl Burke;
- Marie Osmond (singer) paired with Jonathan Roberts;
- Albert Reed (supermodel) paired with Anna Trebunskaya;
- Jane Seymour (actress) paired with Tony Dovolani.
But wait that's not all! Other stars rumored to have boogie fever this season are Wayne Newton, Jane Seymour, and Giselle Bunchen (there are many others rumored too but those three seem the most probable.)
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- Eww! But for a goof cause: Stephen Colbert's cast goes on Ebay tonight.
- The contract that parents signed to allow their kids to participate in Kid Nation covers just about everything.
- Is Wayne Newton joining Dancing with the Stars?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.14 Photos: A Case Causes Tony to Flashback to His Days in Military School
- 'Grey's Anatomy': The 15 Most Bizarre Medical Cases
- 'Reign' Episode 2.13 Photos: Will Mary and Francis Reunite at the Winter's Ease Feast?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Photos
- The 30 Best Auditions of 'American Idol' Season 14
- More From BuddyTV
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Photos: Cersei Schemes, Tyrion Lurks, Arya Arrives, New Faces Emerge
- Parenthood Deleted Scenes Show Seth's Return, Sarah's Roast and More
- Lewis and Clark: HBO Greenlights Miniseries Starring Casey Affleck
- Celebrity Apprentice Sneak Peek: Does Kenya Moore Call Vivica A. Fox Fat?
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Nashville, Supergirl, Castle, Flash, Supernatural, Forever, Grey's, NCIS, Jane and More!
- More From TVLine
- Star Shots: What's On Instagram?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Trailer Will Blow Your Mind!
- 'Harry Potter' Star Rushed to Hospital With Severe Flu-Like Symptoms
- We Never Stopped Believing — How 'Glee' Finally Got Its Groove Back!
- Katy Perry Confirms 'Mean Girls' Tweet was Aimed at Taylor Swift
- More From ET