Danke schoen, Yahoo! I've had many a sleepless night since Wayne Newton was sidelined with a recurring heart infection, canceled his holiday gig in Vegas and put his participation in the Dancing with the Stars tour in jeopardy. I have a pile of panties and bras next to my bed ready to go (Because Wayne expects his fans to throw bras and panties at him on stage, of course. Why else would I have so many? Or any at all?).
"I'm thrilled that my doctors have given me the OK to hit the road this winter and perform for all of my fans across the country," Newton announced. The three month tour begins December 18. I'd say more, but I have to go pack all my stuff. I'm going to go Deadhead on this tour and follow them around, smoking ... er ... medicinal herbs, dressing in brightly colored tuxes and getting extensive plastic surgery at each stop. And I'm legally changing my name to Mr. Las Vegas, Jr.
They went right to the recap after that. Mark was really happy to be called the little engine that could. Floyd talked about his new experience, calling ballroom dancing better than hip-hop. Mel took the truck driver comment in good stride, asking for the truck driver vote. Jane was left trying to defend the lift again. Jenny ignored that lift nonsense and said she looks forward to continuing to improve. Cameron was excited about his three nines. As you would expect, Sabrina was thrilled to have the first perfect score of the competition.
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- Am I the only one who thinks the Spice Girls can take care of themselves?
- We lost both Drew and Wayne last night on Dancing with the Stars.
- The Pitts, a horribly unsuccessful sitcom from 2003, is being reincarnated as a cartoon.
As we sit now, Helio and Sabrina are way out in front, but it's way too early to call the competition. That pesky little detail called the fan base has a way of wreaking havoc on the best laid plans. Would it rear it's head in week two? So early in the competition? Quite possibly, but we can't be spoiling all of that before the jump. Click the link for all the details from the week two results show.
(S05E04) The stars are back for week two, and it's what I usually find to be one of my favorite weeks. The nerves and the pressure of the unknown are so hard to overcome in that first appearance, that week two is where much ground can be gained based on nothing more than a little confidence. As we would see tonight, that, as much as anything, is what is still holding a few of our stars back. Tom opened the show with a quick recap of last week, reminding everyone that Josie is no longer in the competition. But with eleven couples to dance, there was no time to dawdle, so on with the show.
But wait that's not all! Other stars rumored to have boogie fever this season are Wayne Newton, Jane Seymour, and Giselle Bunchen (there are many others rumored too but those three seem the most probable.)
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- Eww! But for a goof cause: Stephen Colbert's cast goes on Ebay tonight.
- The contract that parents signed to allow their kids to participate in Kid Nation covers just about everything.
- Is Wayne Newton joining Dancing with the Stars?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.19 Photos: What New Secrets Will Victoria Uncover?
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.18 Photos: OPA Helps a Congressman's Father
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Finale: 22 Moments of Despair and a Bit of Hope from 'Conquer'
- 'Once Upon a Time': 20 Key Moments to Freeing the Author in 'Best Laid Plans'
- 'The Daily Show' Announces Trevor Noah as New Host
- More From BuddyTV
- ABC Family Orders Shadowhunters, Based on The Mortal Instruments Series
- TVLine Items: Chilling Humans Teaser, Fosters Actor Battles YouTube & More
- Ratings: Once Ties Low, Last Man and Secrets and Lies Slip, Good Wife Steady
- Revenge First Look: Victoria Plots Her Next Move After Emily's Big Reveal
- More From TVLine
- Madonna & Taylor Swift Perform 'Ghosttown' at the iHeartRadio Awards: Here Are the 8 Best Moments!
- North West Had the Most Adorable Easter Already -- See Her Smile!
- Jenny McCarthy on 'The View': I Give It One More Year 'Then the Titanic Might Go Down'
- Star Sightings March 2015
- EXCLUSIVE: ‘Gravity' Is So Much Scarier without Music in New Silent Edition
- More From ET