Danke schoen, Yahoo! I've had many a sleepless night since Wayne Newton was sidelined with a recurring heart infection, canceled his holiday gig in Vegas and put his participation in the Dancing with the Stars tour in jeopardy. I have a pile of panties and bras next to my bed ready to go (Because Wayne expects his fans to throw bras and panties at him on stage, of course. Why else would I have so many? Or any at all?).
"I'm thrilled that my doctors have given me the OK to hit the road this winter and perform for all of my fans across the country," Newton announced. The three month tour begins December 18. I'd say more, but I have to go pack all my stuff. I'm going to go Deadhead on this tour and follow them around, smoking ... er ... medicinal herbs, dressing in brightly colored tuxes and getting extensive plastic surgery at each stop. And I'm legally changing my name to Mr. Las Vegas, Jr.
They went right to the recap after that. Mark was really happy to be called the little engine that could. Floyd talked about his new experience, calling ballroom dancing better than hip-hop. Mel took the truck driver comment in good stride, asking for the truck driver vote. Jane was left trying to defend the lift again. Jenny ignored that lift nonsense and said she looks forward to continuing to improve. Cameron was excited about his three nines. As you would expect, Sabrina was thrilled to have the first perfect score of the competition.
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- Am I the only one who thinks the Spice Girls can take care of themselves?
- We lost both Drew and Wayne last night on Dancing with the Stars.
- The Pitts, a horribly unsuccessful sitcom from 2003, is being reincarnated as a cartoon.
As we sit now, Helio and Sabrina are way out in front, but it's way too early to call the competition. That pesky little detail called the fan base has a way of wreaking havoc on the best laid plans. Would it rear it's head in week two? So early in the competition? Quite possibly, but we can't be spoiling all of that before the jump. Click the link for all the details from the week two results show.
(S05E04) The stars are back for week two, and it's what I usually find to be one of my favorite weeks. The nerves and the pressure of the unknown are so hard to overcome in that first appearance, that week two is where much ground can be gained based on nothing more than a little confidence. As we would see tonight, that, as much as anything, is what is still holding a few of our stars back. Tom opened the show with a quick recap of last week, reminding everyone that Josie is no longer in the competition. But with eleven couples to dance, there was no time to dawdle, so on with the show.
But wait that's not all! Other stars rumored to have boogie fever this season are Wayne Newton, Jane Seymour, and Giselle Bunchen (there are many others rumored too but those three seem the most probable.)
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- Eww! But for a goof cause: Stephen Colbert's cast goes on Ebay tonight.
- The contract that parents signed to allow their kids to participate in Kid Nation covers just about everything.
- Is Wayne Newton joining Dancing with the Stars?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4: Ranking the Looks of 'Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve'
- 'Gotham' Interview: Sean Pertwee and EP on Alfred the 'Enabler' and the 'Crumbling' City
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from the Season 4 Winter Finale
- 'Castle' Episode 7.8 Photos: Esposito is Taken Hostage
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Episode 7.12 Photos: More Truths are Revealed
- More From BuddyTV
- Penny Dreadful Season 2: Ethan and Vanessa Cozy Up in First Photo
- NBC's How Murray Saved Christmas Sneak Peek: Has TV's Next Holiday Classic Been Born?
- Constantine Stars Talk Det. Corrigan's Timely Arrival, Manny's Big Boss and Zed's Mysterious Past
- FX Sets Dates for Justified's Final Run, The Americans, Archer and More
- Ratings: Murder and 2-1/2 Men Rise, Mom Eyes Another High, Big Bang Slips
- More From TVLine
- Nicki! Pitbull! Iggy! Everything You Need to Know About the 2014 American Music Awards
- Pooh Bear Banned from Polish Playground After Being Labeled a Hermaphrodite
- Gwyneth Paltrow Takes a Dig at Martha Stewart with 'Jailbird Cake' Recipe
- Listen to Beyonce's Two New Songs!
- Ryan Gosling Gets Restraining Order Against Woman Who Says She's His 'Twin Flame'
- More From ET