According to 'People,' Doherty and her fiancé, photographer Kurt Iswarienko, got married at sunset on Saturday in front of 170 family and friends. The wedding was held -- not in Beverly Hills, alas -- at a private estate in Malibu.
The couple's road to wedlock has been chronicled for their upcoming WEtv reality show, 'Shannon Says,' which is due to premiere in January 2012. The actual wedding will reportedly form the series finale episode.
According to Entertainment Weekly, the show will follow Doherty and fiance Kurt Iswarienko as they plan their wedding. As if that wedding planning wasn't stressful enough, the show will follow Doherty as she renovates her home. Expect some mayhem.
"People will see a side of Shannen they never expected to see," John Miller, senior vice present of production and development at WEtv, said. Miller said Doherty was "unfiltered, honest and vulnerable" in a pitch tape.
The Locator is a show about hope and second chances. Troy Dunn, who built a business around reuniting disconnected people, does just that. The stories focus on lost sons, daughters, mothers and fathers looking for loved ones. Through a network of agents, Troy finds them and stages a surprise reunion for the cameras.
It may sound a little hokey, and at times it is, but nothing takes away from the genuine moments of human interaction that the show is all about. The Locator came back for a second season, featuring two stories of daughters and fathers separated.
As if there weren't enough remodeling/makeover shows on the air, and obviously there aren't, WE tv has just greenlit the latest. The Hollywood Reporter tells us Ugliest House on the Block involves neighbors and experts giving a four-day makeover to whichever house the neighbors consider to be the biggest eyesore. And, of course, the show promises "green" segments to show how to be more environmentally friendly with home decorating and design.
"Home decorating and design is a genre that has mass appeal for women," said Kim Martin, executive VP and GM at WE. So does the bad-boys-who-treat-women-like-crap genre, but I don't see WE tailoring a show for this segment of the female population. I'd say the all-men-are-evil-and-deserve-to-be-put-down-like-dogs genre, but Lifetime Movie Network seems to have the corner on that market.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from ?Paris Is Burning?
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 7.4 Photos: The Heaven and Hell Ball
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Recap: Sexual Foibles
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Season 7 Premiere Recap: Who Are the Heretics?
- 'Project Runway' Recap: The Production Crew Get Makeovers
- More From BuddyTV
- How to Get Away With Murder Recap: 'Tonya, You Negligent Slut!'
- Scandal Recap: White House Frown
- Heroes Reborn Recap: Suicide Squad
- Sleepy Hollow Recap: Secrets and Spies, Plus: The Witnesses as Roomies
- The Originals Premiere: EP Talks Klaus and Cami's Hurdle, Hayley's Surprising Return and That Twisted Prophecy
- More From TVLine