July 2, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted Aug 5th 2008 10:41AM
"You didn't do it for the justice system. You did it to close your case."
(S04E04) Nobody would ever doubt that Chief Brenda Johnson is a smart woman, but how smart was it of her to use Fritz the way she did? That's the question I came away with after seeing this episode. Is closing a case so important for the closer that she'd mess up her personal relationship?
Fritz was rightfully incensed by Brenda's tactics, and yet I could see it from her point of view, too. I guess that's why The Closer remains such a good drama -- the conflicts are real and there are no easy answers.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 17' Week 1: James' HoH Photos
- 'Mistresses' Recap: April and Karen Head Into Uncharted Territory
- 'Aquarius' Recap: Brian Finds Something Scarier Than War
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: The First Eviction and Kathy Griffin's Takeover
- 'Wayward Pines' Recap: A Deadly Plot Is Discovered
- More From BuddyTV
- Rookie Blue Recap: Father Doesn't Know Best — But Does Sam?
- Wayward Pines Recap: Unsafe Sex
- Mistresses Recap: Extreme Makeover — Home(wrecker) Edition
- Tut's Avan Jogia Talks Twisted Cliffhanger, Shares Pitch for Season 2
- Empire Signs Marisa Tomei to Play Lesbian Billionaire in Season 2
- More From TVLine
- Hilary Swank Has Put Her Career on Hold to Care for Her Ailing Father
- Diddy Avoids Felony Charges for Alleged UCLA Fight
- Meghan Trainor Reveals Vocal Cord Injury, Postpones Shows
- Scott Disick Gets Touchy-Feely With a Woman Who Isn't Kourtney Kardashian
- 'Back to the Future' Turns 30: Why Michael J. Fox Almost Didn't Get the Role
- More From ET