At the midpoint of the 1970s the Saturday morning schedule was remarkably different from what it was a mere five years before. Instead of featuring animated rock n' roll bands, animated mystery-solving teenagers and animated versions of Jerry Lewis, the 1975-76 schedule was filled with live-action series. Lots of live-action series.
In fact, about half of the new series to premiere this year were live action shows. Add those to existing series making return appearances and half of the 1975 Saturday morning schedule featured live actors and actresses. It would be a trend that would continue until the end of the decade and would give animated fare a run for their money.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'The Key'
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Recap: A Room Full of Liars
- 'Project Runway' Season 13 Finale Recap: And the Winner Is...
- The 10 Worst Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: Callie & Arizona Head to Therapy...Can Their Marriage Be Saved?
- More From BuddyTV
- How to Get Away With Murder Recap: The Writing's on the Wallpaper
- Scandal Recap: The One Where Everyone Believes that Jake Killed a Kid
- Project Runway Finale: Did the Right Designer Win Season 13?
- ABC Orders More Castle, Once, Grey's Anatomy and 5 Other Series
- Vampire Diaries Recap: Paternity Quest
- More From TVLine