by Danny Gallagher, posted Jul 25th 2009 8:26PM
Even though TV Squad's very own John Scott Lewinski is fighting his way through hordes of overweight Rorschachs and pre-pubescent Chun Lis to get exclusive interviews and scoops on the newest TV news at the San Diego Comic Con, don't forget that our partners-in-crime from Cinematical are also there covering the latest flim-flam in film.
The movie side of the annual pop-culture cavalcade opened with one of the biggest names in the history of film and what could very well be one of the biggest names in the future of film. Director James Cameron screened a solid 25 minutes of his forthcoming sci-fi epic Avatar. Blogger Todd Gilchrist got a hint of the plot and special effects movie-goers can expect when the film hits theaters later this year and said it "promises to be both hugely entertaining and technically groundbreaking." Man, that's got me worried. That's what they also said about Titanic.
by Kona Gallagher, posted Jul 19th 2009 10:03AM
The folks at our sister site Cinematical are working hard to give you news and reviews of the best -- and worst -- the silver screen has to offer. Here are some of their musings on the latest blockbusters, indies, and everything in between:
- Duck Soup is my favorite Marx Brothers Film. Cinematical shares their favorite scene from the movie: where Groucho Marx, as Rufus T. Firefly insults everyone. Check it out; it's classic.
- Did you know that back in 1983, Disney attempted to do their own version of Where The Wild Things Are? It's classic Disney animation and Cinematical has a clip of it here.
- The most explosive summer movie ever: TerminEmpireTrekAliensFormers. Summer will never be the same again.
- I'm going to see Harry Potter tonight, so in honor of its release, we have Cinematical Seven: Elisabeth's favorite Harry Potter moments.
- I really should re-read the HP books before I go and see the movies, but I don't, so this article on how Half-Blood Prince changes the book for the better was quite helpful for me.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Can 'Almost Human' make the leap from good to great?
- 'The Voice': Tessanne Chin talks 'therapeutic' semi-finals performance, brunch at Adam Levine's house
- 'Doctor Who': Steven Moffat says Matt Smith is final Doctor, what about Peter Capaldi?
- 'WWE RAW' Dec. 9: Daniel Bryan dominates the Slammy Awards and the show
- 'The Sing-Off': Meet Home Free, the first country a cappella group
- More From Zap2it
- Exclusive: Ray Wise Joins The Young and the Restless As a Blast From Nikki's Past
- What to Watch Tuesday: Sons of Anarchy and 3 Other Finales, a Chicago Fire Fight and More
- The Sing-Off Season 4 Premiere Recap: For Whom the A Capella Tolls
- Sleepy Hollow Fall Finale Recap: Six Thousand Little Ichabods
- The Voice Season 5 Semifinal Performance Recap: Keep Calm and 'Carry On' [Updated]
- More From TVLine