April 19, 2014
by AOL Music Staff, posted Oct 15th 2011 3:00PM
When we heard 'The Simpsons' was on the verge of cancellation, we started reminiscing about all the rockers and rappers that have appeared on the show throughout its 23-season existence. With that in mind, we decided to compile this list of our favorite musician cameos, and here's hoping to many more now that the show has been renewed.
by Martin Conaghan, posted Apr 17th 2006 6:23PM
BBC News is reporting that the series two opener of Doctor Who, New Earth, starring David Tennant as the 10th Doctor, attracted over eight million viewers to BBC ONE in the U.K. on Easter Saturday.
The audience peaked at around 8.3 million viewers, not taking in to account those who had recorded the show to watch it later.
It was up against Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on ITV1, which netted around five million viewers in all.
9.4 million people tuned in to The Christmas Invasion towards the end of 2005, and 10 million tuned in to watch the opening episode of the season revival last year when Christopher Eccleston stepped into the Time Lord's Tardis for the first episode of the series in over 16 years.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Awkward, Shameless, Crisis, Mindy and More
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black Returns, a Devious Premiere, Salem and More
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Jack Gleeson
- Report: Gwen Stefani Replacing Christina Aguilera on The Voice Next Season
- Shane West Previews Scary Salem's 'Sense of Urgency and Dread,' Talks Taming His Wig
- More From TVLine
- John C. Reilly Takes You Behind The Scenes Of Disney's 'Bears'
- 'Hawaii Five-0' Star Alex O'Loughlin is Married!
- 'Jesus Christ Superstar' Creators Talk Show's Creation & Controversy
- 'Good Morning America' Promotes Lara Spencer to Co-Host
- Exclusive: Lionel Richie Recalls His Amazing Chance Meeting with Marvin Gaye
- More From ET