July 2, 2015
by Danny Gallagher, posted Mar 23rd 2010 11:03AM
There are very few moments in American history when the unrepresented and disenfranchised masses of society manage to muster together enough courage and strength to topple the high watermark of oppression. They seem to come along once in a millennium, but when they do, they give you this warm and fuzzy feeling inside that maybe life doesn't suck as much as you thought it did and everything, like the movies, may actually turn out alright in the end, closing credits, fade-to-black.
The early days of the American colonies saw the uprising of the Boston Tea Party in which angry settlers grew tired of unreasonable taxation. The mid 20th century saw the sluggish but eventual snowballing steamroll of the Civil Rights Movement. And I like to think that the new millennium's moment of triumph goes to the total destruction and annihilation of Fox's 'Spaced' remake. Granted, I'm not setting the bar very high, but it's only been ten years. Baby steps.
by Joel Keller, posted Dec 9th 2008 1:23AM
(S04E10) This was one of those episodes that wasn't overly funny, but it went a long way in exploring the various personalities of the entire Scooby gang. We learned that Ted needed to fight to help him not be the pathetic guy who was left at the altar. We found out that Barney will still resort to deceit to land Robin, but there's at least love underneath that deceit. We also found out that Robin gets hot for guys with shiners, Marshall and his brothers really wailed away at each other, and that Lily is the laziest, horniest teacher in New York. Well, we kinda knew that about Lily anyway, but I had to find something for all of the gang.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Tut's Avan Jogia Talks Twisted Cliffhanger, Shares Pitch for Season 2
- Empire Signs Marisa Tomei to Play Lesbian Billionaire in Season 2
- TVLine Items: Donald Glover Pilot Adds to Cast, SOA Vet in The Way and More
- Fatal Attraction Event Series: 20 Actors Who'd Bring the Heat (and the Crazy) to Fox's Thriller Remake
- Sleepy Hollow Wants 'Angelina Jolie' to Play Ichabod's Old Flame Betsy Ross
- More From TVLine
- Refresh Your Summer Office Style Like Shay Mitchell & Kim Kardashian
- Miley Cyrus Makes Out With Victoria's Secret Model Stella Maxwell and It's Pretty Intense
- Shakira and America Ferrera Take Donald Trump to Task For 'Hateful and Racist' Remarks
- Marisa Tomei Is Joining Season 2 of 'Empire' and We Can't Wait for Her Face-Off With Cookie!
- Britney Spears' Mom Jamming Out to 'Toxic' Is the Best Thing You'll See All Day
- More From ET