I can't remember the last time I paid attention to hockey. In the 70s and 80s it was really big in my home, but that's when the Boston Bruins were doing really well (same with the Celtics, but that's another story). Hockey is that "other" mainstream sport, one that you really have to be a fanatic to get into (unlike baseball and football, which even casual fans watch). And some of those fanatics turn out to be celebrities, and they're keeping blogs about the NHL playoffs.
Bones star David Boreanaz, Ed's Tom Cavanaugh, Christie Brinkley, William Fichtner from Prison Break, and Eddie Cahill from Friends share their views on the Eastern Conference teams, while The Office's Brian Baumgartner, Dancing with the Star's Willa Ford, and singer Amy Grant provide analysis of the Western Conference teams. I thought that it would be all Canadian celebs, but as far as I can find out only Cavanaugh is from our northern neighbor.
[via Pop Candy]
Monique and Louis were awarded the encore for their cha cha cha. Really, any of the couples could have been given the encore this week. They all danced very well. When they chose Monique and Louis I took that as confirmation that they were leaving and the producers wanted to give her the best possible send off.
There is no information available regarding what the show is going to do. Given that it is two of the top ten shows on television, ratings wise, I don't see them shortening the run by a week. The simple answer would seem to be bringing back Willa Ford. She was eliminated this week, despite being one of the better dancers. ABC told E! that we will have to tune in on Tuesday to find out more.
Things take a turn for the better as Rod Stewart performs Hot Legs while Edyta and Kym dance. This was really good. Rod's still got it. A bit of a departure from what we are used to seeing Edyta and Kym doing, but still fun. They both looked great and did a nice job.
This week the stars are choosing between the samba and the rumba. With a couple notable exceptions, there has been some great improvement among the celebrities. It made for a pretty impressive show overall. My apologies for the lack of screencaps this week, my PVR ate the file. That said, on with the show.
Anyway... another long and drawn out results show. Willa and Maksim get the encore. I suspected it would be Mario, but nothing wrong with giving Willa the nod. They were very good this week. That was followed up by a performance by Los Lonely Boys, or as I like to think of them, the good band that was on the show this week.
This week the dances are the Waltz and the Pasa Doble. That is an interesting combination because it forces the dancers to choose one of two very different directions. A couple of those choices surprised me. Nothing tragic came of it, but I guess we won't know for sure until the results show tomorrow. With that in mind, on with the show.
Joey and Edyta get the encore this week, and it's well deserved. Then the pros all come out to dance to Rebel Yell. I gotta say, if you have to fill 55 minutes of your hour, this is a good way to do it. They are very impressive when they get to do their thing.
Anyway... Emmit and Cheryl get things started with the encore performance of their Cha Cha Cha from the previous night. They're followed up by Tom Jones performing 'It's Not Unusual' while Louis Van Amstell and Karina Smirnoff dance. My guess is that Mario & Karina didn't get the encore because she was already scheduled for this performance. And the producers know they have plenty of weeks left to give them an encore.
Tom Bergeron and Samantha Harris return as hosts. And if I can go off-topic for just a minute, I have to mention Breakfast Time. I've been a Bergeron fan since he hosted the best morning show that ever was. When Tom goes into the Hall of Fame he should be wearing his Breakfast Time cap. That said, they have eleven new stars ready to dance it up. Celebrity men danced the Cha Cha Cha while the women did the Fox Trot. Here are the couples and their results.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Episode 4.2 Photos: The Team Protects a Mayoral Candidate
- 'The Flash' Episode 2.2 Photos: Meet Jay Garrick
- 'Supernatural' Episode 11.2 Photos: Cas Gets Tortured
- 'ANTM' Recap: One Model Returns, One Model Goes Away
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 12.3 Photos: Would Alex Make a Good Dad?
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Miley Cyrus-Hosted SNL Nets Best Early Numbers Since January
- Quotes of the Week: The Goldbergs, CSI, Masters of Sex, Grey's and More
- Blood & Oil Star Previews New Power Struggles, Secret Affairs in Episode 2
- Miley Cyrus Hosts SNL (and Hillary Clinton Assists): Best/Worst Sketches?
- Unauthorized Beverly Hills, 90210 Story: Shannen Doherty's Ousting and 12 Other Semi-Accurate Revelations
- More From TVLine
- Macklemore Shares Sweet Naptime Photo with His Baby Daughter
- Joe Jonas And Gigi Hadid Pack on the PDA with Kisses in Paris
- Kris Jenner Chimes In On Possible Names for Kim Kardashian's Baby Boy
- Scott Disick and His Rumored 18-Year-Old Girlfriend Spotted in Miami -- See the Pics!
- Johnny Depp Is ‘Quite Worried' About Daughter Lily-Rose's Fashion Career
- More From ET