by Allison Waldman, posted Apr 10th 2008 1:04PM
There should be a moratorium on remakes. They rarely work, and in some cases, they are just ill-conceived from step one. That's how I feel about this news: they're remaking Ben-Hur as a television mini-series. I'm not saying this because actor Charlton Heston has just died and this was his movie and, therefore, it should be sacrosanct. No, not at all. If someone has the urge to remake almost any other Heston film -- Soylent Green, Diamond Head, The Pigeon That Took Rome -- go for it. But leave Ben-Hur alone. You'd think the disastrous remake of The Ten Commandments on ABC last year would have been a lesson. I guess not.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Tomorrow People' Fall Finale Photos: 'Death's Door'
- 'The Bachelor' Season 18 Premiere Photos: Juan Pablo's Journey Begins
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Recap: Elena's Taken Prisoner, More Dark Secrets Revealed
- 'American Horror Story: Coven': 17 Shocking Moments from 'The Sacred Taking'
- Best 'Arrow' Quotes from 'The Scientist'
- More From BuddyTV
- 'The Vampire Diaries' recap: Damon's dark, secret revenge is revealed while one couple reignites their passion
- 'The X Factor' Top 6 results: Did Ellona Santiago, Rion Paige, Carlito Olivero go home?
- 'Community' Season 5 guest stars: Who is the most-anticipated?
- 'The Sound of Music Live!' live blog: Carrie Underwood, Stephen Moyer take the stage
- 'Doctor Who' Christmas special: The Doctor spanks his 'girlfriend' Clara - Watch
- More From Zap2it
- Scandal Recap: I'm Friends With the Monster
- Glee Recap: 'That Was the Most Sacrilegious and Profane Horror Show I Have Ever Seen'
- Was Sound of Music Live! Music to Your Ears?
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Sister Attacked
- The X Factor Top 6 Results Recap: Did the Right Two Acts Go Home This Week?
- More From TVLine