Long before there were Octomoms and reality TV shows featuring dozens of children there were the Bradfords of ABC's 'Eight Is Enough.' The sitcom was based on the life and book of syndicated newspaper columnist Thomas Braden and his real-life eight children. 'Eight Is Enough' aired for five seasons from 1977-1981. The cast reunited on 'The Today Show' March 1, prompting our trip down memory lane.
You tacked their photos to your wall, faithfully watched their TV shows and bought their records --and you might have even written some of them a mash note or two ('fess up!). These are the AOL TV picks for the top 50 teen idols of all time; the 50 young gents who made us swoon, pledge our undying devotion and join more than one sappy fan club.
Our list includes a pair of real-life brothers, several fellas who played brothers on TV and more than a few double-threat actor/singers (what can we say -- they're double the pleasure). But did your favorite Teen Beat cover boy make the cut? Only one way to find out ...
Why do I have the feeling that this is going to lead to him being on another reality television show like his Charles in Charge co-star, Scott Baio? They say there is no such thing as bad publicity, but I have to wonder.
The article lists some of the items he's selling, but it neglects to specifically mention the autographed picture of Scott Baio, the magic bow that shoots fire-arrows and the magic Bible.
This week I got a great letter that brought back some fond memories.
Curtis Smith writes:
"I'm sure you hear this all the time, but for the last couple of years i have been trying to remember a short lived TV show that I saw in the mid to late 80's. It was about a kid who's dad was a secret agent and the kid some how got involved with the government. the only episode i can sort of remember is him trying to hide an attractive spy from his mom. Any help you have would be great. "
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Dance Moms' Recap: Will We Find Out Who Dances at Nationals?
- 'Stitchers' Season 1 Finale Recap: Cameron Risks His Life for Kirsten
- 'Scream' Recap: Did Audrey Kill Nina?
- 'America's Got Talent' Recap: Piers Morgan Returns as the Judge Cuts Come to a Close
- 'Teen Wolf': 15 Times Lydia Martin Proved She Is Better Than You
- More From BuddyTV
- Castle Bosses Reveal Beckett's Big Move: 'We Wanted to Shake Things Up'
- First Impression: Fear the Walking Dead
- Playing House: Maggie Gets a 'Real, Live Human Family' in Season 2
- Stitchers Finale: Emma Ishta Talks [Spoiler]'s Uncertain Fate in Season 2
- Grey's Anatomy Scoop: Shonda Rhimes on 'Rebirth' for Meredith, 'Exciting New Romances' for Callie and Arizona
- More From TVLine
- Melissa Peterman Says Pal Reba McEntire Is 'Doing Great' After Split
- Chrissy Teigen Defends Topless Instagram Photos: 'If the Boys Can Do It, Why Can't I?'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Boss Explains Why Derek Shepherd Had to Die: 'What Were the Options?'
- Steven Tyler's Epic Response to Lenny Kravitz's NSFW Wardrobe Malfunction
- Kevin Bacon Reveals the Secret to a Lasting Hollywood Marriage: 'Don't Listen to Celebrities'
- More From ET