So while Susan is talking a big game, she's really more into Bruce and their re-energized sex talk. I don't really think her inviting the Deckers to the Miller cabin by the lake was a move to have a wild weekend, although it sure looked like it was going in that direction -- until the previously invited Thompsons turned up.
Andy Griffith, the actor best known for playing Andy Taylor on The Andy Griffith Show and Ben Matlock on Matlock, is suing a man who ran and lost for sheriff of Grant County, Wis., for taking his name and using it during the campaign. I shit you not, TV fans: William Harold Fenrick legally changed his name to Andrew Jackson Griffith and ran for the sheriff's office under that name (the plaintiff's full name is Andy Samuel Griffith, by the way).
This guy is running for sheriff in Platteville, Wisconsin, and he has an unusual gimmick to get attention.
He's legally changing his name to Andy Griffith.
And before you say that I'm being too hard on the guy by implying that he's doing it to get attention, he admits to doing it for that reason. His real name is William Fenrick, and he's sick of how the politics game is played nowadays and wants to get things back to the way they were in Mayberry. His opponent has been sheriff for the past 10 years.
But wait a second. If this guy is running for sheriff, shouldn't he change his name to "Andy Taylor?" After all, that was the name of the character on the show. Seems odd to run for sheriff and change your name to an actor's name and not the sheriff character he played.
(S01E10) We're back to the Mythology episodes with Fallen Angel. This time, Chris Carter plays to conspiracy theorists' fears that the U.S. military is covering up the presence of aliens on earth. The episode opens with a fire in the woods outside Townsend, Wisconsin, where something appears to attack a curious sheriff's deputy. In a military control room, a tech tracks an unusual object in the air that cannot possibly be an aircraft. The tech is told by the colonel to write it up as a meteor, while the colonel calls someone and launches Operation Falcon.
On May 18, FOX will air the 200th and final episode of That '70s Show. The hour-long finale will mark the end of one of the network's longest running scripted comedies. While I could sit and watch That '70s Show and always enjoy a few chuckles, I also felt like the show should have been much better than it was. Too often I would see great premises sucked into the vortex of sitcom cliches, which would normally make me change the channel, but the show and its characters had enough of that weird tripped out charm to make me come back on occasion. After awhile, though, I gave up, and I haven't seen a single episode of this season.
Despite my hot and cold feelings for the show, FOX has decided it needs a bigger send off than some mere series finale. On May 11, BEFORE the finale, FOX will air a retrospective titled That '70s Show: The Final Goodbye. The 90-minute special, which begins at 8:37 p.m. EST (it follows a preview of the new X-Men film) will consist of the same stuff of similar specials: interviews with cast members and guests, outtakes, deleted scenes, and etc.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Predictions: Which Two Dancers Will Leave the Top 16?
- 'True Detective' Recap: Everyone's on the Run for Their Lives as a Detective Bites the Dust
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Premiere Recap: Jared and Jade Become Hot Commodities
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: King James Makes a Big Move
- 'Falling Skies' Interviews: The Finale Is 'Pretty Wild' and 'It's Not an Unhappy Ending'
- More From BuddyTV
- Castle Season 8: [Spoiler] Will Return in a 'Surprising' Way
- True Detective Recap: Up in Flames
- Food Network Star Recap: No Country for Bold Ramen
- UnREAL Finale Preview: Rachel's Choice, Quinn's War, Broken-Hearted Jeremy and Season 2 Scenarios
- Stephen Colbert's Late Show Promos Wield Magic, Mitt and a 'Dreamboat'
- More From TVLine
- Bella Hadid, 18, and Yolanda Foster, 51, Sport Matching Plunging Red Swimsuits
- Hollywood's Hottest Bikini Bods
- Chelsea Handler Calls Out Ex-Boyfriend Who Said She Was Fat, Posts Skimpy Bikini Pic
- Hollywood's Sexiest Shirtless Men March 2014
- Kim Kardashian Looks Identical to Kylie and Kendall Jenner in Shocking Split Pics
- More From ET