"Where did you see pizza like this?" Puck asked incredulously, while spooning off an unnerving amount of greenish liquid from the middle of the blue team's pizza. "I mean, if you go to Italy, they arrest you for this, you know that?"
"This is not really a risotto," Puck exclaimed after tasting Jyll's latest dish during the episode, 'Dinner Party for Wolfgang Puck.' Puck made good on his promise to teach Jill how to make a "real risotto" by escorting her to the kitchen and showing her how to properly prepare the dish, step-by-step.
(S06E01) The producers of Top Chef must have listened to the criticism from the last edition of the show, the one set in New York with the contestants housed in Brooklyn. Despite being in perhaps the most exciting culinary city in the world, TC-NY was pedestrian. Well, Top Chef season six, is in Las Vegas and judging by the premiere, the stakes -- as they said a few times -- have been set very high. The round-up of players was filled with James Beard awardees, Michelin star cooks, people who have restaurants already... and a couple of others who have something to prove.
Therefore, you better believe that all that exposure on Food Network, Bravo, Travel Channel, Fine Living, BBC America, and Fox -- not to mention syndication and appearances on talk shows and demonstrations on the Today Show -- makes a big difference.
Oh man, I've been patiently twiddling my thumbs for the last 3 hours until the finale aired on the West Coast, so I could finally post this. Taylor Hicks is our new American Idol, and I couldn't be happier. Well, I could be (sigh...Chris). But if I can't have Chris, then I'm happy with the Silver Fox. (I hate that nickname by the way. It makes me feel like I've got a crush on an old man. What's the opposite of being a pedophile? Is there a word for that? 'Cause I might have it.) They really took it down to the last minute too. I was biting my nails at 1 hour and 59 minutes, worried that my TiVo was about to pop up with the dreaded "Erase Now? or Save?" quandary. I felt like I was Mr. Eko on Lost, watching that damn clock. But right at the final seconds, Ryan said Taylor's name. Yes! The crazy windmill-dancing bastard pulled it off! I understand why Taylor's dad was crying, but why was David Hasselhoff?
Celebrity Cooking Showdown has been a disaster for NBC, with the show coming in fifth last night, only ahead of One Tree Hill.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 21 Cast: 13 Couples Revealed with Paula Deen
- 'RHOC' Star Vicki Gunvalson on Costar Meghan King Edmonds: 'There is Zero Respect with Her'
- 'RHOA' Kicks Off Season 7 with Physical Brawl
- Chris Bukowski Retires from 'Bachelor' Franchise
- 'America's Got Talent' Predictions: Which 5 Acts Will Advance to the Top 10?
- More From BuddyTV
- Amazing Race 27: 'Kardashians,' Jets Cheerleaders, Paparazzi Among Cast
- Ratings: Zoo Ties Low, Game Night Up
- Hulu Announces Commercial-Free Option — How Much Will It Cost You?
- Oscars Twist: 2016 Academy Awards Ceremony Will Have 2 Hosts
- Sleepy Hollow's Witnesses Put Their Heads Together in Season 3 Poster
- More From TVLine
- Reese Witherspoon Lunches With Lena Dunham, Sparks Collaboration Rumors
- Watch the Cyrus Family's Stunned Reaction to Nicki Minaj Calling Out Miley at the VMAs
- Here's Who Each Disney Princess Should Have Actually Ended Up With
- Bette Midler Wants to Play Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer's Mother in Duo's New Movie
- Anderson Cooper Posts Sweet Tribute After the Death of His Dog Molly
- More From ET