World Wresteling Entertainment
Hulk Hogan (in yellow, right), the 80s legend that put
While the WWE has either live or taped shows on various cable outlets Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday nights (with occasional weekend specials on NBC), TNA has used the last couple of years to build an ever-growing following in Spike's Thursday night schedule.
However, since the following hasn't been mentioned on any of World Wrestling Entertainment's television shows, it might be legit.
According to the WWE: "Linda McMahon, CEO of World Wrestling Entertainment, is considering a run for the United States Senate representing the state of Connecticut. Should she decide to run, Linda would step down as CEO, and Vince McMahon would assume the duties of CEO in addition to his current position as WWE Chairman."
The storyline featuring Donald Trump "buying" Monday Night Raw from World Wrestling Entertainment's Vince McMahon lasted all of one week. On Monday's commercial-free Raw from Green Bay, Wisc., McMahon bought the show back from Trump for "double the original price." Trump took the deal and smacked McMahaon across the chops for his trouble.
The show capped a day-long publicity festival for the WWE in which local network news affiliates flocked to the Green Bay airport to shoot Trump arriving and to hear speeches from him and McMahon. It was the first time any media set foot in that airport without Brett Favre being involved.
Okay, folks. I think you may need to help me figure out what the hell the World Wrestling Entertainment (lovingly known as the WWE) is doing here. According to a press release at their website the Sci-Fi Channel will be premiering a version of Extreme Championship Wrestling (passionately known as ECW) starting on June 13th. The series will feature an alternative brand of wrestling that is suited to the Sci-Fi audience. Huh?
Okay, let's read further. According to Bonnie Hammer, president of Sci-Fi Channel and its sister, USA Networks, ECW will bring action with a twist that science fiction fans will enjoy. Vince MacMahon, Chairman of WWE, adds that ECW will push the boundaries of sports entertainment in new and unexpected ways.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 23 Most Romantic 'Bones' Episodes of All Time
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 9 Performance Rankings
- NBC Sets Summer 2015 Premiere Dates for 'Last Comic Standing,' 'Hollywood Game Night' and More
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Week 3 Spoilers: Songs and Styles for Latin Night
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Finale Mystery: Charles is A, But Who is Charles?
- More From BuddyTV
- First Supergirl Villain to Be Played by Mentalist Alum Owain Yeoman
- Halt and Catch Fire Gets Season 2 Premiere Date at AMC
- Mysteries of Laura: Melissa Joan Hart to Guest as Serial-Like Radio Host
- NBC Sets Summer Dates for Game Night, Sweden, Mr. Robinson Debut
- House of Cards Boss Beau Willimon Responds to My Biggest (and Pretty Much Only) Gripe About Season 3
- More From TVLine
- Chelsea Handler on Bill Cosby: 'He Tried to Cosby Me'
- 'Mike & Molly' Star Billy Gardell Brings The Game of Monopoly to Life!
- Ben Affleck Testifies Before the Senate & an Adoring Jennifer Garner and Violet
- Inside the Beverly Wilshire's 'Pretty Woman for a Day' Experience
- Kim Kardashian Goes Back To Brunette: In Memoriam of Her Platinum Blonde Hair
- More From ET