Uygur's video report about what went down in his final weeks at MSNBC is fairly dramatic. Despite improving on Ed Schultz's numbers when he occupied the 6 PM timeslot and besting CNN in June, Uygur paints a picture of network executives, including MSNBC President Phil Griffin, that were more concerned with reining in his brash, challenging, outsider style than ratings. The network offered him a high-paying job as a contributor when they moved him off the 6PM slot, Uygur said, but he turned it down.
We continue to celebrate Lawsuit Week here at TV Squad, and today's is a doozy: a host of Air America's Young Turks is suing Stephen Colbert for stealing one of his jokes and using it on The Colbert Report.
Cenk Uygur claims that Colbert stole his joke comparing various Republicans to Klingons, and there's video to "prove" it (after the jump). Uygur
is clearly looking for a way to get on The Colbert Report and debate this with Colbert and is only doing this for publicity really thinks he has a case here. I wonder if Colbert will respond?
Actually, I could have sworn I had heard Republicans compared to Klingons some place else, a year or two ago, but I can't remember where. Does it ring a bell with anyone else?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 21 Touching and Frightening Moments from 'Greensleeves'
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur' Recap: A Tribal Switch Pits Couples Against Singles
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Spoilers: Who Are the Teams for Halloween Night?
- 'Arrow' Interview: Willa Holland on Thea's Unusual Relationship with Malcolm, Love for Roy and New 'Kick-Ass Attitude'
- 'The Voice' Interviews: Toia Jones on What Led to Her Emotional Battle Round Rehearsal
- More From BuddyTV
- Oscar De La Renta: Inside His World
- Taylor Swift Reveals '1989' Tracklist (and We Guess Who Each Song Is About)
- Former Crisis Manager: Teresa Giudice a 'Mess,' Worse Than Chris Brown
- Calvin Klein's New Model Opens Up About Battling Her Weight Obsession
- Chrissy Teigen Receives Death Threats Over Tweets on Canada Shooting
- More From ET