Uygur's video report about what went down in his final weeks at MSNBC is fairly dramatic. Despite improving on Ed Schultz's numbers when he occupied the 6 PM timeslot and besting CNN in June, Uygur paints a picture of network executives, including MSNBC President Phil Griffin, that were more concerned with reining in his brash, challenging, outsider style than ratings. The network offered him a high-paying job as a contributor when they moved him off the 6PM slot, Uygur said, but he turned it down.
We continue to celebrate Lawsuit Week here at TV Squad, and today's is a doozy: a host of Air America's Young Turks is suing Stephen Colbert for stealing one of his jokes and using it on The Colbert Report.
Cenk Uygur claims that Colbert stole his joke comparing various Republicans to Klingons, and there's video to "prove" it (after the jump). Uygur
is clearly looking for a way to get on The Colbert Report and debate this with Colbert and is only doing this for publicity really thinks he has a case here. I wonder if Colbert will respond?
Actually, I could have sworn I had heard Republicans compared to Klingons some place else, a year or two ago, but I can't remember where. Does it ring a bell with anyone else?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Ratings: Hannibal, Rookie, Beast Steady on Soft Holiday Eve; Dome Drops
- Fireworks! 25 Explosive TV Moments, Including Thrones Death, Once's Dark Hero, an Inhuman Twist and More
- Fall TV: Reign vs. Undateable vs. Race, and Friday's Other DVR Dilemmas
- The Fosters Sneak Peek: Stef and Lena Suspect [Spoiler] Is Preggers
- Hannibal Recap: Bowels to the Wall
- More From TVLine
- Get Your Independence Day On With This Summer Playlist Inspiration
- This Is What the Cast of 'Back to the Future' Looks Like 30 Years Later
- Miss USA Contestants Speak Out on Staying in the Pageant: 'We Were Not Going to Let Our States Down'
- Scott Eastwood Shows Off His Ripped Abs at Beach Shoot – See the Hot Pics!
- Hilary Swank Has Put Her Career on Hold to Care for Her Ailing Father
- More From ET