The Douglases, who have supported the nonprofit for decades, were joined at the event by LA Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, LAPD Chief Charlie Beck and celebrities including Jennifer Love Hewitt, Kim Kardashian, Blair Underwood and Zoe Saldana.
Organizers told the AP they served an estimated 3,000 lbs of turkey, 700 lbs of mashed potatoes, 800 lbs of green beans, 80 gallons of gravy and 600 pies. "What goes into this meal? A lot of love," Chef Dave Thomas told CBS Local News.
If she wasn't doing pretty well with this whole acting thing, she'd certainly fit in quite well as a regular panelist on the show. She pulled no punches in cutting down the fashions she didn't like, helping push Kimberly and Laura into the bottom two.
She said it was empowering for a woman to play a role that would usually go to a man, especially in a film like 'Columbiana.' "It's a genre that is very geared towards males," she said, "and when a woman can do it and get away with it, and you don't compromise the violence that a film about revenge would entail, it's just sexy and edgy has all heart. So I'm really proud of the movie."
Kit Hoover said she thought even the fight scenes in 'Columbiana' were sexy. By way of illustration, she rolled a clip of Saldana beating the crap out of a guy, which perhaps tells us more about Kit Hoover than 'Columbiana.'
"Can I touch 'em?" she asked, to which Handler agreed. "Yeah. They're real," Saldana said. "They're really good."
She then talked about her favorite past-time when she has time off from work, which is going to the shooting range.
She enjoyed how the men there respond to a woman who comes in, knows what she's doing and just starts firing off rounds. "All of a sudden the range becomes really silent," she said, clearly enjoying as much the reaction from the guys as the actual thrill of shooting.
What's Hot on Inside Movies: 'Star Trek' Sequel, Mel Gibson Provokes Protest, Robert Downey Jr. a New Sex Symbol
This year we said goodbye to one of the greatest names in musical history, Michael Jackson, but we'll never forget the impact he made on the world. The National Film Registry is making sure of this as they selected 'Thriller' as the first music video ever to be preserved.
Paramount Pictures is in final negotiations with Zoe Saldana to play Uhura in the upcoming Star Trek film. While the plot of the film is still a secret, it's well-known that the movie, which is being directed by J.J. Abrams, focuses on the early days of Starfleet and the younger versions of the well-known characters.
Saldana, who first came into the public eye as Britney Spears' girlfriend in Crossroads, also had a small part in the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Lena Dunham hosts 'Saturday Night Live': Liam Neeson, Jon Hamm, Fred Armisen show up for surprise cameos
- 'True Detective' Season 1 crib sheet: All you need to know before the finale
- 'Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey': President Barack Obama to introduce FOX special
- Showtime's 'Gucci: The Director' gives a close-up view of Gucci creative director Frida Giannini's vision and life
- 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' Season 6 debuts on Netflix: Did the final season tie up all the loose ends?
- More From Zap2it
- Lena Dunham Hosts Saturday Night Live: What Were the Best and Worst Sketches?
- Louis C.K. Set for Saturday Night Live Encore
- Pilot News: Robert Patrick, Amy Sedaris and a Desperate Housewife Are Among Latest Castings
- Hot Video: In 24: Live Another Day, All Jack Must Stop Is a New 'World War'— Also: Is That…?!
- Pilot Scoop: Supernatural Spin-Off Gets a New Title, Casts Its Final Series Regular
- More From TVLine