As the South African explained on 'Lopez Tonight' (weeknights, 11PM ET on TBS), the actor established an 'A-Team' gang when he was 11 years old. When a rival A-Team band of kids started up, the two gangs had "war on the field" after school.
"We had a fight, and my gang won," said Copley, who fought the other team's Murdock with a stick. Copley even had a birthday cake that proved his fandom -- and confirmed the political and cultural importance of Mr. T. "That [was] a black iconic character in apartheid-era South Africa. That was the power of Mr. T to cross cultural, racial barriers."
As of today, you'll be able to brush up on what I like to call, "Everything you need to know about the 'A-Team' beyond Mr. T" by watching the entire original series on DVD.
As for other great titles coming out today include 'iCarly' and 'Ice Road Truckers' Season 3 -- which technically wasn't really on an ice road.
[via Boing Boing]
They even made Liam Neeson look like George Peppard. How cool is that? And of course that's the classic van in the background. Even if this movie ends up being a mindless action flick, then it's still following in the footsteps of its originator and will likely make $100 million that weekend.
I just wonder if anybody is actually going to be shot and killed in the movie. It never seemed to happen during the television show. More importantly, will any of the original cast members make a cameo?
It's a clever list, and includes the new vanity plates each car would have.
-- Are you itching to find out what happens on the season finales of 'The Hills,' 'Gossip Girl' and other hot shows? (Spoiler alert: Blair Waldorf Graduates!) Get the cheat sheet [NY Times]
-- Ryan Seacrest is teaming up with chef Jamie Oliver for a new ABC series -- and no, it's not a remake of 'The Odd Couple' [Hollywood Reporter]
-- Spencer Pratt can now call himself a rapper -- or "The Great White," as he prefers. Hear his new single [RyanSeacrest.com]
The following post is for those out there who believe that the United States is home to a wasteful population.
This April, Migbiz Entertainment will be releasing a new comic book based on former A-Team and Rocky III star Mr. T. This, ladies and gentlemen, goes to show you that here in the good ol' U.S. of A. we recycle EVERYTHING!
This is not the Mr. T you remember from the cartoon series where he trained a group of gymnasts who helped solve crimes (You remember that, don't you?). No, this is the Mr. T who captures the bad guys and beats the snot out of them (can you really beat snot out of people? Gosh, that would sure beat blowing your nose all of the time!). In the first issue of the series we find 'T' chasing an escaped convict who is freed after the destruction of Hurricane Katrina. I am sure that throughout the issue we will here him say 'I pity the fool' or 'Sucka' or any one of his other gramatically incorrect statements.
Good luck, Mr. T, and a 'Hey, Fool!' to all of us.
- All-American Girl - Complete Series
- Archie Bunker's Place - The Complete 1st Season
- The A-Team - Season 3
- The Benny Hill Show - Benny Hill, Complete And Unadulterated: The Hill's Angels Years - Set 4
- Dark Shadows - DVD Collection 22
- Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete 2nd Season
- Gastineau Girls - The Complete 1st Season
- Here Comes the Grump - Here Comes The Grump
- Hetty Wainthropp Investigates - The Complete 3rd Series
- Hill Street Blues - The Complete 1st Season
- Inked - The Best of Season 1
- Knight Rider - Season 3
- Magnum, P.I. - The Complete 3rd Season
- MI-5 - Volume 3
- The Pink Panther Show - Classic Cartoon Collection
- The Rat Patrol - The Complete 1st Season
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Volume 20: Turtles Against H.A.T.E.
- Two's Company - Series 4
- The X-Files - Season 1 (New); Season 2 (New); Season 3 (New)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Funniest Quotes from 'Big Brother 17' Week 5
- 'The Bachelorette' Where Are They Now?: A Relationship Status Update
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Are the Week 6 Nominees?
- 'The Originals' Interview: Danielle Campbell Teases Davina in Her Role as Regent
- Why 'BoJack Horseman' Is the Best Netflix Original You're Not Watching
- More From BuddyTV
- Stitchers Finale Video: Emma Ishta Promises Big Answers, Possible Death
- Degrassi Series Finale Recap: Indecent Promposals
- American Crime Adds André Benjamin in 'Fierce' Season 2 Role
- Descendants Stars on Twist Ending, Sequel Ideas: 'Mal's Story Isn't Over'
- Fear The Walking Dead: Full-On Zombie Outbreak 'Delayed' Until Season 2
- More From TVLine
- Family and Friends Attend Bobbi Kristina Brown's Memorial Service
- Bill Hader Somehow Manages to Be Creepy and Delightful in Cut 'SNL' Sketch
- Kevin Bacon and Jimmy Fallon Perfectly Channel The Beach Boys in Spot-On Parody
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Family Gathers for Wake, Prepares for Memorial Service
- Lena Dunham Poses Topless With Her Dog for National Mutt Day
- More From ET