We all have our opinions on what we'd like to see on television, and what we don't want to see. And now Salon has a two-part series where they asked several writers and other folks to come up with their fantasy television series. Included are such people as Phil Rosenthal (creator/producer of Everybody Loves Raymond), Mark Cuban, writer Megham Daum, Aaron Shure (writer on Lucky Louie), and ex-Men's Health, Maxim UK, and Stuff editor Greg Gutfield.
Most of the writers took it as a creative writing exercise, so many of the shows are more jokes than actual ideas. I don't really get Daum's idea about a show involving a ferret and laser tag, and John Darnielle (lead singer of The Mountain Goats) wants to see more boxing on TV.
Mark Cuban wants a reality show starring Dennis Rodman. Ugh.
You know whose essay I agreed with the most? James Frey's. Yup, that's James Frey of Million Little Pieces and Oprah fame. He wants to see a return of the old-fashioned private eye show we don't see on TV anymore, like Magnum, P.I., The Rockford Files, and Mike Hammer. I'd love to see that happen. Either that, or a variety show hosted by Amy Sedaris. All Amy, all the time!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 12: Top 18 Performance Rankings
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: Jason Gets Blindsided
- The Final Rose: Kaitlyn and Shawn's Fairytale Journey on 'The Bachelorette'
- Best 'Pretty Little Liars' Quotes from 'FrAmed'
- Casting Bits: Familiar Faces on 'Fuller House', Chris Browning Joins 'Supergirl' and More
- More From BuddyTV
- Anthony Geary to General Hospital Fans: JK About That Retirement!
- Mindy Project Season 4 Twist: Mindy to Wed Big Bang Theory's Raj?!
- The CW Eyeing Dark Little Women Adaptation From NCIS Star
- Degrassi's Top 17 Couples, Ranked: Eclare vs. Fimogen and More
- TVLine Items: Supergirl Villain Cast, Finding Carter Return Date and More
- More From TVLine
- Rashida Jones Reveals She Asked Robin Thicke to Prom, Then Dumped Him for Another Musician
- Raven-Symone Says She Was Fat-Shamed as a 7-Year-Old
- Stars Share Pics of Their Cute Kids
- Lori Loughlin Celebrates Her 51st Birthday on the 'Fuller House' Set
- Calvin Harris Is Nearly Unrecognizable in This Awesome Throwback Photo
- More From ET