October 10, 2015
by Joel Keller, posted Mar 1st 2011 12:00PM
At some point on Saturday evening, the folks at ABC News must have been feeling very proud of themselves.
Andrea Canning had just spent the day with Charlie Sheen, the first television reporter to do an extensive video with the actor since he let loose with various tirades on the radio and TMZ, causing CBS and the producers of 'Two and a Half Men' to shut things down for the season. ABC made the big announcement, calling it 'The First Interview,' and planned to debut it on 'Good Morning America' this morning, followed by a big splashy '20/20' special tonight.
It may have been the first television interview Sheen gave, but it sure as heck wouldn't be the last.
The folks at the Alphabet Net got scooped, then scooped again, and then scooped yet again. But the way the network has been reacting to these scoops makes us wonder if they think that it's still 1991 instead of 2011.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Quantico' Episode 5 Photos: The Trainees Go Undercover for the First Time
- 'Scandal' Episode 5.4 Photos: Fixing Olivia's Image Problem
- 'ANTM' Recap: A Model Is Welcomed Back, Then Sent Packing Again
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: The Teams Become Gauchos in Argentina
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Episode 2.5 Photos: Who Can Asher Trust?
- More From BuddyTV
- Shia LaBeouf Arrested in Texas for Public Intoxication
- Why Vin Diesel Is Serious About Stunts
- Calista Flockhart Can't Get Over the 'Supergirl' Buzz
- Gigi Hadid and Mom Yolanda Foster Adorably Hold Hands While in NYC With Joe Jonas, Bella Hadid and The Weeknd
- Watch Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson 'Hit the Quan' in Flawless Dance Video
- More From ET