July 22, 2014
by Joel Keller, posted Mar 1st 2011 12:00PM
At some point on Saturday evening, the folks at ABC News must have been feeling very proud of themselves.
Andrea Canning had just spent the day with Charlie Sheen, the first television reporter to do an extensive video with the actor since he let loose with various tirades on the radio and TMZ, causing CBS and the producers of 'Two and a Half Men' to shut things down for the season. ABC made the big announcement, calling it 'The First Interview,' and planned to debut it on 'Good Morning America' this morning, followed by a big splashy '20/20' special tonight.
It may have been the first television interview Sheen gave, but it sure as heck wouldn't be the last.
The folks at the Alphabet Net got scooped, then scooped again, and then scooped yet again. But the way the network has been reacting to these scoops makes us wonder if they think that it's still 1991 instead of 2011.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Under the Dome Recap: Going Viral
- Teen Wolf Recap: War Games
- Mistresses Recap: 50 Shades of 'Nay!'
- Fargo Renewed for Season 2 Prequel — New Details on Time Period, Returning Characters
- Sons of Anarchy Cast Previews Jax's 'Vengeance,' Gemma's Betrayal and an 'Exciting Romance' in Final Season
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE: Paul Deen Announces Launch Date of New Network
- Watch Kim Kardashian Freak Out and Cry in Thailand Over a Zip Line
- The Anatomy of a Rumor: Could This be the End of Jay Z & Beyonce?
- The Power of Faith Based Films
- Dwayne Johnson on the Fanny Pack & Why His Next Movie Might be a Musical
- More From ET