April 24, 2014
by Joel Keller, posted Mar 1st 2011 12:00PM
At some point on Saturday evening, the folks at ABC News must have been feeling very proud of themselves.
Andrea Canning had just spent the day with Charlie Sheen, the first television reporter to do an extensive video with the actor since he let loose with various tirades on the radio and TMZ, causing CBS and the producers of 'Two and a Half Men' to shut things down for the season. ABC made the big announcement, calling it 'The First Interview,' and planned to debut it on 'Good Morning America' this morning, followed by a big splashy '20/20' special tonight.
It may have been the first television interview Sheen gave, but it sure as heck wouldn't be the last.
The folks at the Alphabet Net got scooped, then scooped again, and then scooped yet again. But the way the network has been reacting to these scoops makes us wonder if they think that it's still 1991 instead of 2011.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Exclusive Goldbergs Sneak Peek: Barry Translates Erica's Hysterical Blubbering
- Vampire Diaries Season Finale Sneak Peek: New Photos Reveal 'Violence' and 'Despair'
- NCIS First Look: Hey, Did You Hear the One About DiNozzo and the Admiral's Daughter…?
- American Idol Exclusive: Top 5 Theme Is…
- Exclusive: Big Bang Theory's Raj, Bones' Sweets Embroiled in Unorthodox Love Triangle
- More From TVLine
- Hang Ten with Hollywood's Best Surf Films
- Tori Spelling Acknowledges Her Cheating Past on 'True Tori'
- Bryan Singer Calls Underage Sex Abuse Allegations 'Vicious,' Pulls Out of 'X-Men' Promo Events
- Exclusive: Listen To Classic Funk Band War's New Single Off First Album in 20 Years
- Aaron Carter on Hilary Duff: I Would Sweep Her Off Her Feet (VIDEO)
- More From ET