October 21, 2014
by Joel Keller, posted Mar 1st 2011 12:00PM
At some point on Saturday evening, the folks at ABC News must have been feeling very proud of themselves.
Andrea Canning had just spent the day with Charlie Sheen, the first television reporter to do an extensive video with the actor since he let loose with various tirades on the radio and TMZ, causing CBS and the producers of 'Two and a Half Men' to shut things down for the season. ABC made the big announcement, calling it 'The First Interview,' and planned to debut it on 'Good Morning America' this morning, followed by a big splashy '20/20' special tonight.
It may have been the first television interview Sheen gave, but it sure as heck wouldn't be the last.
The folks at the Alphabet Net got scooped, then scooped again, and then scooped yet again. But the way the network has been reacting to these scoops makes us wonder if they think that it's still 1991 instead of 2011.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.6 Photos: It's Halloween Time Again
- 'Gotham' Episode 6 Photos: Facing Demons of the Past
- 'Bones' Episode 10.5 Photos: Brennan Meets Her Rival
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21 Episode 10 Photos: Tyra Acts as Makeup Artist
- 'Reign' Episode 2.4 Photos: Let's Dance!
- More From BuddyTV
- Death Comes to Pemberley Sneak Peek: A Murderous Twist on Jane Austen
- The Flash Stars Talk Caitlin-Ronnie Flashbacks, Tease Firestorm's Arrival
- Castle Recap: Schoolhouse, Rocked
- DWTS Week 6 Results: Did the Right Couple Go Home?
- Gossip Girl Alum Penn Badgley Joins NBC Miniseries The Slap as Cougar Bait
- More From TVLine
- Robert Pattinson's Girlfriend FKA Twigs Makes Google Glass Cool In New Video
- Alan Cumming Recalls 'Wasted' Shia LaBeouf's 'Cabaret' Arrest
- Sarah Paulson Explains Why Two Heads Are Better Than One
- Sofia Vergara On Her Fight Against Thyroid Cancer
- Kim Kardashian in 1994 Home Video: 'When I'm Famous, Remember Me as This Beautiful Little Girl'
- More From ET