July 6, 2015
by Joel Keller, posted Mar 1st 2011 12:00PM
At some point on Saturday evening, the folks at ABC News must have been feeling very proud of themselves.
Andrea Canning had just spent the day with Charlie Sheen, the first television reporter to do an extensive video with the actor since he let loose with various tirades on the radio and TMZ, causing CBS and the producers of 'Two and a Half Men' to shut things down for the season. ABC made the big announcement, calling it 'The First Interview,' and planned to debut it on 'Good Morning America' this morning, followed by a big splashy '20/20' special tonight.
It may have been the first television interview Sheen gave, but it sure as heck wouldn't be the last.
The folks at the Alphabet Net got scooped, then scooped again, and then scooped yet again. But the way the network has been reacting to these scoops makes us wonder if they think that it's still 1991 instead of 2011.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Watch 'Chasing Life' Season 2
- 'RHOA' Star Cynthia Bailey: 'The Show Has Never Been About One Person'
- 'The Bachelorette' Spoilers: Kaitlyn's Confession and the Big Showdown
- 'The Bachelorette' Prediction: Who Will Be Sent Home Week 8?
- Claudia Jordan on Being Fired on 'RHOA': 'It's Not Over Until the Fat Lady Sings'
- More From BuddyTV
- Penny Dreadful Season Finale Recap: Blood, Threat and Tears
- Food Network Star Recap: A Thin Line Between Love and Hate
- True Detective Recap: Faking It
- Fall TV: Good Wife vs. Don Johnson, and Sunday's Other DVR Dilemmas
- Quotes of the Week From Teen Wolf, Complications, Rookie Blue and More!
- More From TVLine