449 episodes later, The Simpsons may no longer be the source for the most cutting edge humor, but at least they've reclaimed a lot of the heart this season that was missing early on. Next week is the big 450th episode celebration, which not-so-coincidentally is the week FOX has opted to celebrate officially the 20th anniversary of the stalwart comedy.
For those tired of Seth MacFarlane dominating the Sunday lineup, next week, it's a reversal of fortunes, as The Simpsons is joined by an hour-long special and the only MacFarlane show to make the grade is his own version of a "traditional" family sitcom: The Cleveland Show.
(S18E15) Seriously, what is it with Grandpa Simpson falling for Marge's family members? In season five he almost marries her mother, and last night he puts the moves on Selma. Talk about a lot of weird Thanksgivings.
This episode had some good laughs, but overall I wasn't too impressed. The secondary story involving Bart and Lisa building a gigantic castle out of cardboard boxes from ASS --which stood for "American Shipping Services," and is not, as one truck indicates, affiliated with the human ass-- and fighting an apocalyptic battle with the men in brown was more entertaining than the main story, in my opinion.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Sleepy Hollow Wants 'Angelina Jolie' to Play Ichabod's Old Flame Betsy Ross
- Ratings: Extant Returns to Series Lows
- Fall TV: Heroes vs. Big Bang vs. Greys, and Thursday's Other DVR Dilemmas
- Wet Hot American Summer: See the Star-Packed (NSFW) Trailer & Poster
- Sesame Street Vet 'Maria' to Exit
- More From TVLine
- Matt Damon Has a Ponytail and He's Totally Pulling It Off!
- Are Rachel McAdams and Taylor Kitsch Dating?!
- Hollywood's Hottest Bikini Bods
- Donald Trump & 5 More Celebrities Whose Word Vomit Cost Them Big Time
- 'Graceland' Star Aaron Tveit on Mike's Struggles: His Darkest Days Are Still Ahead
- More From ET