A documentary about Second Life that actually takes place within the virtual world has been picked up by HBO for a premiere sometime next year.
The documentary, Molotov's Dispatches in Search of the Creator: A Second Life Odyssey, was created by multimedia director Douglas Gayeton, whose avatar, Molotov Alva, serves as a guide through the virtual 3D world. Gayeton previously worked on the CD-ROM version of the film Johnny Menemonic, and is a partner with Propaganda Films along with David Fincher, Spike Jonze, and Alex Proyas. The documentary was produced by Submarine in Amsterdam, however, not Propaganda.
When the former Idol contestant took the stage, she took a moment to take it all in and that moment seemed to make her tear up a bit. She thanked her grandmother, her large family, cast and crew of DreamGirls and God got a few shout-outs. The music nearly drowned out her quick 'thank you' to Jennifer Holliday, the actress who originated the role of Effie on Broadway. She did not thank anyone from American Idol.
I think she just one-upped Kelly Clarkson!
George Clooney is upset. Well, that's not really news, as he gets upset about a lot of things. This time he's miffed about a blog entry on Arianna Huffington's website, which he claims he did not write.
According to CNN, the recent Academy award winner and former star of ER and, um, ER, says he did not post a profanity-laced blog entry on Huffington's website, though he gave her permission to use a compilation of his quotes on the war in Iraq from past interviews. The post itself criticized the Democrats for stamping down their views and their criticism of the Bush administration in the months before the invasion of Iraq began.
Clooney claimed Huffington's blog was misleading, while Huffington denied any wrongdoing in a rebuttal on her website.
I smell a new movie, produced and directed by George. I'll warm up my DVD player.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Top 48 Acts of 'America's Got Talent' Season 9
- 'Last Comic Standing' Recap: The Roast with the Most
- 'Project Runway' Season 13 Premiere Recap: Fashion is in the Air
- Comic-Con 2014 Photos: The Cast of 'Under the Dome' in Pedicabs and Rachelle Lefevre Goes Blonde
- 'Penny Dreadful' at Comic-Con 2014: Season 2 Explores Ethan and a New Threat
- More From BuddyTV
- Sharknado 2's Ian Ziering Promises Jaw-Dropping OMG Moments, While Tara Reid... Wants to Party
- Penny Dreadful Men Field Burning Questions, Tease Season 2 'Bang-Fest'
- Hannibal @ Comic-Con: A Huge Return, Much Gillian Anderson and (Hopefully) Clarice Feed the Thriller's Future
- Reign Stars Preview Hands-On King Francis, Mary's Struggle, Shagging, Hugging and... a Rambo-Style Finale?
- Scorpion Stars Talk the Genius' Weakness, Terminator-as-Lou Grant — Plus: Kat McPhee Sings for Us
- More From TVLine
- Nick Star Jennette McCurdy Rejects The 'Role Model' Label In Online Rant
- Ryan Seacrest To Host Star-Studded 'Fashion Rocks' TV Extravaganza!
- Meet the World's Most Successful Transgender Model
- The Famous Family Member Who Won't be at Jenny McCarthy's Wedding
- Bradley Cooper Explains His Voice in 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
- More From ET