A documentary about Second Life that actually takes place within the virtual world has been picked up by HBO for a premiere sometime next year.
The documentary, Molotov's Dispatches in Search of the Creator: A Second Life Odyssey, was created by multimedia director Douglas Gayeton, whose avatar, Molotov Alva, serves as a guide through the virtual 3D world. Gayeton previously worked on the CD-ROM version of the film Johnny Menemonic, and is a partner with Propaganda Films along with David Fincher, Spike Jonze, and Alex Proyas. The documentary was produced by Submarine in Amsterdam, however, not Propaganda.
When the former Idol contestant took the stage, she took a moment to take it all in and that moment seemed to make her tear up a bit. She thanked her grandmother, her large family, cast and crew of DreamGirls and God got a few shout-outs. The music nearly drowned out her quick 'thank you' to Jennifer Holliday, the actress who originated the role of Effie on Broadway. She did not thank anyone from American Idol.
I think she just one-upped Kelly Clarkson!
George Clooney is upset. Well, that's not really news, as he gets upset about a lot of things. This time he's miffed about a blog entry on Arianna Huffington's website, which he claims he did not write.
According to CNN, the recent Academy award winner and former star of ER and, um, ER, says he did not post a profanity-laced blog entry on Huffington's website, though he gave her permission to use a compilation of his quotes on the war in Iraq from past interviews. The post itself criticized the Democrats for stamping down their views and their criticism of the Bush administration in the months before the invasion of Iraq began.
Clooney claimed Huffington's blog was misleading, while Huffington denied any wrongdoing in a rebuttal on her website.
I smell a new movie, produced and directed by George. I'll warm up my DVD player.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Is the Twin Twist Exposed?
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Was the Power of Veto Used in Week 2?
- 'Penny Dreadful': Which Characters Will Be Back for Season 3?
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Watch 'Chasing Life' Season 2
- Claudia Jordan on Being Fired on 'RHOA': 'It's Not Over Until the Fat Lady Sings'
- More From BuddyTV
- Hannibal Season 4: Amazon, Netflix Don't Bite, But 'Possibilities' Remain
- Amanda Peterson Dead at 43, Starred on 1980s TV Drama Year in the Life
- Masters of Sex Adds Walking Dead's Emily Kinney in Spicy Season 3 Role
- TVLine Items: Days' Ava Returns, Jeremy Sisto Gets Wicked and More
- UnReal Renewed for Season 2
- More From TVLine
- Bill Cosby Admitted to Obtaining Quaaludes to Give to 'Young Women' in 2005
- 'Kyle XY' Star Matt Dallas Marries Musician Blue Hamilton!
- Prince George Was An Adorably Fussy Sad Little Monarch at Princess Charlotte's Christening
- Dave Grohl Performs With Broken Leg on 'Game of Thrones'-Style Seat
- Jerry Weintraub Dies: 'Ocean's 11' Producer, Frank Sinatra-Promoter Was 77
- More From ET