November 24, 2014
by Danny Gallagher, posted Apr 7th 2010 4:23AM
(S01E06) "Wow, Crosby, you're a dad." - Zeek, after hearing about Crosby's son for the first time
I'll admit it. 'Parenthood' has been a hard show to read. It tries very hard to connect the audience with the human drama of the American family, but at the same time, it expects you to understand and appreciate every problem they come across.
It drags you through their cornfield of sadness and expects you to come out feeling as happy and reserved as the characters do in the end. It makes me wish life actually worked this way. Then it just makes me angrier.
by Danny Gallagher, posted Mar 17th 2010 9:00AM
(S01E03) "You know Crosby, however hard you think it is having a kid, just double it." - Adam to Crosby as Crosby cleans kid puke out of his car
This week, things have slowed down a bit, compared to the land speed record that last week's episode achieved. And the show has started to grow on me a little bit.
It scored some great moments of sentiment and honest drama that were endearing and drew me a little closer to the characters, but it's still lacking in that other, all important area of the dramedy: the comedy.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The History of Witches on 'Supernatural'
- 'The Walking Dead': 17 Signs Humanity Remains from 'Crossed'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Predictions: Who Will Be the Final 3?
- Caroline Manzo Returning to 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey'
- 'The Good Wife' Mid-Season Finale Recap: Does Cary Take the Plea Deal?
- More From BuddyTV
- Pilot Scoop: Michael Stahl-David to Star in TNT's '70s Drug Drama
- Emily Wickersham Talks NCIS Holiday Drama, Gibbs' Big Reveal to Bishop
- Ratings: AMAs Slip, Football Pops, Mulaney Down, Madam Sec'y Eyes Gain
- The Originals Scoop: Will the Holidays Bring Hayley and Elijah Back Together?
- Gotham EP Talks Jim's Grim Fate, Arkham's Ascendance, Bat/Cat Bond, a 'Dark' Turn and the Extended Run
- More From TVLine