adult swim fix
Cartoon Network will extend their crazy popular Adult Swim block into 9 p.m. Eastern time starting next year, January 2011.
Turner Animation president Stu Snyder said the decision to expand the block is "100 percent a reflection on the success of Adult Swim as a brand."
[via Pop Candy]
Based on McGruder's 'Boondocks' comic strip, the animated series explores race tensions especially as they relate to the Freeman family. Ten-year-old Hugh Freeman, voiced by Regina King (pictured right with McGruder), usually narrates the story, radiating pride for his African-American culture and expressing criticism and concern for black media portrayals. He is kept in line by his younger brother Riley (also King) and his grandfather Robert (John Witherspoon). Riley's gangster rap influence provides the counterpart to his older brother's Afrocentrism.
Adult Swim lovers who rock the Macintosh can rejoice: Adult Swim Fix, the broadband video site where you can watch clips and full episodes of your favorite Adult Swim series sometimes before they air on television, is now compatible with Mac computers. At least, that's what Adult Swim claims. I have a PC, so I haven't been able to test it. Mac users, let me know how the new Fix works out for ya.
Currently, the Fix has episodes of Trinity Blood, The Brak Show, Space Ghost, Sealab 2021, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Venture Bros., Minoriteam, Full Metal Alchemist, Eureka 7, Metalocalypse, Robot Chicken, Harvey Birdman and Tom Goes to the Mayor. If you're at work and your boss has been getting on your case to lower productivity, this should help.
While it hasn't been added to the schedule grid yet, the '80s animated series Voltron will in fact be a part of Adult Swim starting on November 13. However, the episodes will air at 5:30 am, so if you want to see them on television you'll either have to never sleep, or wake up really early. The addition was announced on the Adult Swim messageboard (hat tip to Adult Swim HQ). If you don't have a DVR to record the episodes, but you have a broadband connection, you'll also be able to catch them on Adult Swim Fix, Adult Swim's video site.
This should thrill folks my age who grew up with this cartoon, though I must admit that while I was aware of it as a kid, I don't think I ever watched a single episode. I guess this is my chance to see what all my friends loved so much about it. I'll just have to regress back to my eight year old self, which shouldn't be too difficult.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Pilot News: Fox Revives Frankenstein
- Port Charles' Marie Wilson Joins Days as a Woman From [Spoiler]'s Past
- Grimm's David Giuntoli on Whether a Normal Nick Can Leave the Fractured Fairy Tales Behind
- Bewitched Update: NBC Pilot Will Follow Samantha's Granddaughter
- Damages Alum Joins WE tv Thriller South of Hell Opposite Mena Suvari
- More From TVLine
- Oscar De La Renta: Inside His World
- Taylor Swift Reveals '1989' Tracklist (and We Guess Who Each Song Is About)
- Former Crisis Manager: Teresa Giudice a 'Mess,' Worse Than Chris Brown
- Calvin Klein's New Model Opens Up About Battling Her Weight Obsession
- Chrissy Teigen Receives Death Threats Over Tweets on Canada Shooting
- More From ET