adult swim fix
Cartoon Network will extend their crazy popular Adult Swim block into 9 p.m. Eastern time starting next year, January 2011.
Turner Animation president Stu Snyder said the decision to expand the block is "100 percent a reflection on the success of Adult Swim as a brand."
[via Pop Candy]
Based on McGruder's 'Boondocks' comic strip, the animated series explores race tensions especially as they relate to the Freeman family. Ten-year-old Hugh Freeman, voiced by Regina King (pictured right with McGruder), usually narrates the story, radiating pride for his African-American culture and expressing criticism and concern for black media portrayals. He is kept in line by his younger brother Riley (also King) and his grandfather Robert (John Witherspoon). Riley's gangster rap influence provides the counterpart to his older brother's Afrocentrism.
Adult Swim lovers who rock the Macintosh can rejoice: Adult Swim Fix, the broadband video site where you can watch clips and full episodes of your favorite Adult Swim series sometimes before they air on television, is now compatible with Mac computers. At least, that's what Adult Swim claims. I have a PC, so I haven't been able to test it. Mac users, let me know how the new Fix works out for ya.
Currently, the Fix has episodes of Trinity Blood, The Brak Show, Space Ghost, Sealab 2021, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Venture Bros., Minoriteam, Full Metal Alchemist, Eureka 7, Metalocalypse, Robot Chicken, Harvey Birdman and Tom Goes to the Mayor. If you're at work and your boss has been getting on your case to lower productivity, this should help.
While it hasn't been added to the schedule grid yet, the '80s animated series Voltron will in fact be a part of Adult Swim starting on November 13. However, the episodes will air at 5:30 am, so if you want to see them on television you'll either have to never sleep, or wake up really early. The addition was announced on the Adult Swim messageboard (hat tip to Adult Swim HQ). If you don't have a DVR to record the episodes, but you have a broadband connection, you'll also be able to catch them on Adult Swim Fix, Adult Swim's video site.
This should thrill folks my age who grew up with this cartoon, though I must admit that while I was aware of it as a kid, I don't think I ever watched a single episode. I guess this is my chance to see what all my friends loved so much about it. I'll just have to regress back to my eight year old self, which shouldn't be too difficult.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Episode 3.7 Photos: Will Alison Win the Election for School Trustee?
- Summer 2015's Sexiest Stars: TV's Hottest Women
- [Video] 'The Bachelorette': Did One of Kaitlyn's Suitors Fall in Love with Another Guy?
- 'Bones' Exclusive Interview: The Writers Talk Brennan and Booth's Future and a Whirlpool Death
- Did 'Kardashians' Star Bruce Jenner Undergo Sex Change Surgery?
- More From BuddyTV
- Denise Richards Going Full Cougar for New CW Comedy Significant Mother
- Longmire Season 4: Ally Walker Lands Mystery Role, as Series Heads to Netflix
- So You Think You Can Dance: Season 12's Judges (and Mentors) Get Glam!
- TVLine Items: Jimmy Smits Gets Down, Grace and Frankie Renewed and More
- T.J. Miller's The Gorburger Show Gobbles Up Pilot Order at HBO
- More From TVLine
- Amy Schumer Goes After Bill Cosby During 'Inside Amy Schumer'
- Bruce Jenner Responds to Wrongful Death Suit
- Cher, 69, Is Fiercer Than Ever as the New Face of Marc Jacobs
- Bette Midler Weighs In on Josh Duggar Scandal, Calls Allegations Ironic
- The Story of Two Sisters Trying to Return a Lost Camera Full of 'Precious Memories' to Its Rightful Owner
- More From ET