July 1, 2015
by Adam Finley, posted Oct 15th 2006 8:02AM
The very short-lived series Lucky Louie is coming to DVD in 2007, though there is no official announcement on the exact date. Creator and star Louie CK, who recently recorded audio commentary for the episodes, told fans the DVD would be released on January 30, but TVShowsOnDVD warns that celebrities aren't always accurate when it comes to such things. I don't care when it comes out, I'm just happy it is coming out. I was rather bummed when I found out one of my favorite comedians had a show on HBO, a network I don't have on my current cable package. I've heard both good and bad things about the show, but like anyone else, I'd like to see it for myself and decide. We'll see if I enjoy it as much as his stand up, or if I'll be driving to his home to bang on his door and demand a refund.
by Adam Finley, posted Jun 7th 2006 2:09PM
The reason I didn't use the word "Muppet" in that headline is because the new late night talk show from the Jim Henson Company, Late Night Buffet, will not feature any of the "classic" Muppets you're used to seeing. Instead, new characters have been created for the show, which is said to be aimed at an older and more mature audience. Unfortunately, that's all the information there is at the time. At this point we don't even know what network will be airing the show or when it will air exactly. This information comes from Muppet News Flash, which also has links to information on how you can be an audience member at the first taping on July 22.
by Adam Finley, posted Feb 20th 2006 7:31AM
I've mentioned on this here blog o' television a number of times my love for Wonder Showzen, a send-up of Sesame Street-style children's programming that's paralleled only by South Park in its efforts to both make you laugh and thouroughly insult every sensibility you might have. Since it's buried in the dark catacombs of basic cable it's sometimes difficult to catch, but fear not, Pamela, for the first season of this mix of subversive cartoons and racist, drug-addled puppets will be available on DVD on March 28. Meanwhile, the second season is currently in production, and internet scuttlebut claims we'll be seeing new episodes sometime during the first quarter of this year. If you're a Wonder Showzen virgin, check out some clips on YouTube.
by Adam Finley, posted Jan 11th 2006 3:24PM
Unlike some of our partners in crime, I didn't make it to the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas this year, though had I know that the Adult Entertainment Expo was also taking place in Las Vegas that week, I might have given more consideration to going. Gareth Mitchell of the BBC has a funny anecdote about how he became trapped in a bar at CES by a cavalcade of porn stars as they sashayed down the red carpet. Mitchell wisely points out that a lot of electronic innovations in the audio/visual realm have been propelled by the adult film industry. Indeed, it was porn that caused VHS to catch on and Beta to eventually fizzle out. If nothing else, perhaps seeing those intrepid stars of all things naked and penetrable reminded the vendors at CES of that fact.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Extant Season 2 Premiere Recap: Revolving Spores
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Nashville, Flash, Castle, Good Wife, Originals, CSI, Mistresses, Scream Queens and More
- Jason O'Mara Teases Complications to Come, Revisits His Jurassic Series' Fate
- Lucifer Adds Arrow's Kevin Alejandro
- Scream Queens Cast Photos: Meet the Slasher Comedy's Potential Victims
- More From TVLine
- London Has Fallen Teaser: Get Ready for Gerard Butler and Explosions
- Rick and Morty Season 2 Trailer: It's Probably Best If Morty Started Driving the Spaceship
- Stephen Colbert Filmed a 40-Minute Public-Access Show in a Random Small Town to Remind You That, Character or Not, He's the Best
- More from Vulture
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' Reruns Pulled by TV Land Amid Confederate Flag Controversy
- Beyonce's Custom Blue Ivy-Inspired Ring Is All Kinds of Adorable
- Hilary Duff Gets Candid About 'Torturous' Lizzie McGuire Years, Commends Miley Cyrus
- Stephen Colbert Interviews Eminem on Public Access TV and It's as Hilarious as You'd Expect
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Friend Speaks Out About Her Tumultuous Relationship With Nick Gordon
- More From ET