(S01E11) "Things like this used to happen in the lab all the time. It makes me nostalgic." - Walter, after catching a giant slug under a trashcan
I love this show! And seeing it after its weeks-long hiatus just reminds me once again how much I love it and why. Part of it's because they throw little clues at us, and we're tasked to try and figure them out. Where did we see this guy before? What does this mean? How does it tie into the past? Are these new characters part of a larger conspiracy? It's a fun puzzle that isn't dumbed down for the audience.
(S01E10) "Just when you thought things couldn't get any weirder..." - Peter to Olivia, on seeing a dead guy embedded in a wall
Wow, a lot of things started to come together in this episode. Let's analyze:
The guy in the wall. So we now know that the experiment we saw in last week's episode - where the guy grabs an apple through the wall of a safe - is being used on a larger scale. Specifically, to steal things out of bank vaults. Only, not everyone gets back through the wall.
The safety deposit boxes. We pretty much knew that the contents were mysterious things that would bring ... something ... to light. But what we didn't know is that the contents of those safety deposit boxes were actually put there by Walter years ago. And that the box numbers were the same numbers he chants at night while he's trying to go to sleep -- the Fibonacci Sequence we learned about at the beginning of this season. Way to bring that back around.
(S01E07) "Do you have any mints?" - Walter to Agent Broyles, who just told him to save his friend in the hospital
Tuesdays are a big night around our house, thanks to Fringe. My 14-year-old son and I wait patiently for it, passing the time by discussing possible explanations for The Observer, the cylinders, The Pattern, the Massive Dynamic connection, everything. If we had a watercooler in the house, we'd be around it for sure.
My thoughts on tonight's episode:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Summer Projects: What Are Your Favorite TV Stars Up To?
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Was the Power of Veto Used in Week 6?
- 'The 100' Season 3 Interview: Eliza Taylor Teases Clarke's 'Going to Be Losing Her Mind'
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Predictions: Which Two Dancers Will Leave the Top 16?
- 'True Detective' Recap: Everyone's on the Run for Their Lives as a Detective Bites the Dust
- More From BuddyTV
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine's Cheeky Season 3 Poster Insists Size Does Matter
- Last Man on Earth Season 2 Poster Offers First Glimpse of Phil and Carol's Road Trip to Nowhere
- TVLine Items: American Crime Plot Scoop, Transparent Return Date & More
- CSI Finale Photos: Marg Helgenberger Shares 'Grillows' Reunion and More
- Sleepy Hollow Season 3: Hasta la Vista, Headless!
- More From TVLine
- Blake Shelton Keeps Humor Amid Divorce Drama: 'It's Been One of Those Weeks'
- Nearly Naked Rihanna Takes Over Kadooment Day Parade With Best Costume Yet
- Will Smith Shuts Down Jada Pinkett Smith Divorce Rumors: 'I'll Tell You Myself!'
- Reba McEntire Announces Separation From Husband Narvel Blackstock
- Beyonce Sparks More Pregnancy Rumors as She Covers Her Stomach in Flowy Dress
- More From ET