July 29, 2014
by Jackie Schnoop, posted Dec 21st 2009 2:02AM
(S19E14) I suppose it's only fitting and par for Sunday evening programming that the big three-hour Survivor season finale and live reunion show was delayed by football here in the NYC viewing area. No, I won't dwell on it. But, really. CBS, can't you get this scheduling thing down?
What I should dwell on are these skinny legs in the image above. It's a wonder the three guys were able to walk out of there at all. Tonight we went down from five to four to three and then onto the sole survivor in the live voting reveal. Am I pleased about it all? Read on.
by Jackie Schnoop, posted Dec 18th 2009 1:38AM
(S19E13) Mark your calendars now, folks. The big three-hour finale night for Survivor is this Sunday, December 20, starting at 8 PM ET. The night will start off with the two-hour finale followed by the reunion hour. But we still have a few bodies to cast off the island before they face the jury. Will the original Foa Foa Four make it intact to the final four? Will Russell manage to sell his snake oil all the way to the jury and win the million?
by Jackie Schnoop, posted Dec 11th 2009 1:25AM
(S19E12) Although I wouldn't have said it a month ago, this season of Survivor has been so interesting each week due to a certain snake oil salesman. Mind you, I don't like a lot of what Russell says, especially his misogynistic attitude towards women. But to give credit where credit is due -- he's a master of the game, and this season would have been boring without him. It's got to all catch up to him one day. His own people will turn on him if any of them are serious about wanting a chance at the million dollars. They have to. Could tonight be the night?
by Jackie Schnoop, posted Nov 27th 2009 2:02AM
(S19E11) Oh my. Evil Russell from Survivor looks like some sort of deranged Buddha gone bad in this screen capture from tonight's episode. Tonight, like every Thanksgiving episode, was the clips show boasting previously unseen footage. It's not surprising that they do this each year. With the format of the show, they can't run a real repeat. And, if they were to air a new episode on the holiday, many folks would end up missing it. I'm usually disappointed with the footage shown, but tonight we did have a few surprises and interesting bits -- nothing earth-shattering, mind you.
by Jackie Schnoop, posted Nov 20th 2009 12:30AM
(S19E10) Now, isn't this a good time to be a Survivor fan? Part of the problem with long-running reality shows is that they've run out of ideas and it's hard to keep things fresh and new. They end up depending on whatever outlandish and over-the-top characters they can line up for the season. Some are a dismal failure. Case in point, "Coach" Ben Wade last year. Sure, he was a nutty kind of guy. But he couldn't play the game well despite all of his bravado. This season is casting done right. And tonight's episode was just as good as last week's show.
by Jackie Schnoop, posted Nov 13th 2009 1:02AM
(S19E09) If you haven't watched this episode of Survivor, stop right now. Watch it. Oh, don't go by the expression on John's face. That's the face I had when the show started. Yet now I'm downright perky and alert. For me, this started off being a real iffy season. But, as folks really play the game, I'm all excited about it all over again. Some play it poorly, but there are a few movers and shakers this season.
by Jackie Schnoop, posted Nov 6th 2009 1:00AM
(S19E08) I know this photo might be considered sort of spoilerish for the front page. But since last week's Survivor promo showed the merge going down, I know you all know Evil Russell will attempt to work everyone. Heck, that's what the guy does. To me, he comes off akin to a snake oil salesman. Yet he seems to get people to believe his wily ways. I bet he could have sold a lot of snake oil a century back.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Quest' Premiere Episode Photos
- The Final Rose: Josh and Andi's Fairytale Journey on 'The Bachelorette'
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 10 Finale Photos: The Final Rose
- 'Once Upon a Time' Casts 'Frozen' Characters Prince Hans and Pabbie the Troll King
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Is Done with 'Dancing with the Stars'
- More From BuddyTV
- TV Land Cancels Kirstie Alley Sitcom Kirstie After One Season
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 2 Poster Promises Same Shift on a Different Day — Plus: An 'Artsy' Photo Shoot Video
- Will iZombie 'Out-Gore' Walking Dead? Is Veronica Mars Crossover Inevitable?
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams on Lady Stoneheart, 'Snobby' Book Readers and Her New Movie Heatstroke
- Sons of Anarchy Video: The Naked Truth Behind Charlie Hunnam's Surprising Comic-Con No-Show
- More From TVLine
- Elizabeth Banks Doesn't Want You to Be Ashamed of Sex
- 'The Bachelorette' Reveals Sappy Concession Letter from Runner-Up
- Exclusive: See Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber in Jail Together
- G.R.L. Brings a New Meaning to Girl Power
- Ariana Grande On Her Late Grandpa and Falling Out of Touch With Her Dad
- More From ET