April 28, 2015
by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 30th 2009 5:01PM
After the breakout success of Lost in 2004, the following year saw three big-budget attempts at science fiction series with dense continuity. Unfortunately, it also saw those three series ultimately fail to hang on to their viewers, through internal problems or network mismanagement, and fans were left with three frustrating cliffhangers.
While they were allowed to complete more episodes than many series that followed them, I suspect this trinity of cancellations is a big reason current TV viewers are nervous about jumping on board complex shows with intricate continuity and details.
I watched Surface, Threshold and Invasion that season, but always found myself much more involved with the stories and drama unfolding on the latter of the three. Despite Katrina-related sensitivity due to its hurricane-themed opening, Invasion did an amazing job of building tension during a possible alien infiltration. V could learn a thing or two from this show.
by Anna Johns, posted Mar 31st 2006 9:26AM
Yes, Invasion is still on. Of all the new Sci Fi shows that premiered on the big three networks this year, it's the only one that is still hanging on. I saw the first two episodes and quicky gave up because of the long stares from characters who may or may not be aliens. Oh, and I couldn't handle the premise that a hurricane was bearing down on the town and no one was evacuating (school was still in session, for crying out loud!). Anyway, I may have given up too soon because Jonathan really seems to dig the series.
Sunday Saturday, April 15th, ABC Family will air ten back-to-back episodes of Invasion.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Following': Ryan and Joe's Final Brotherly Bonding Moments from 'Evermore'
- 'Orphan Black' Episode 3.3 Photos: Sarah Tracks Down Mark
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.22 Photos: Everyone Learns About Derek's Death
- Best 'Originals' Quotes from 'City Beneath the Sea'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 20: Eras Night Performance Rankings
- More From BuddyTV
- X-Files Vets Glen Morgan, James Wong Returning for Fox's 6-Episode Revival
- TNT's Legends Adds Sons of Anarchy, True Blood Alums in Season 2
- The Flash Preview: 10 Things to Know About Tonight's Super 'Trap'
- Flesh and Bone Trailer: Starz Ballet Drama Shows the Dark Side of Dance
- Grey's Anatomy Adds Mentalist Alum Joe Adler for Season-Ending Arc
- More From TVLine
- Hilary Duff Is on Tinder! 'I'm Talking to Probably About 9 Guys Right Now'
- Mariah Carey on 'Infinity' Lyrics: 'I Leave That Open for the Fans to Interpret'
- Gisele Bundchen Poses Completely Nude for 'Vogue Brasil'
- Mark Ruffalo Perfectly Answers the Sexist Questions Scarlett Johansson Is Usually Asked
- Adam Lambert on Career Highs and Paving the Way for Gay Artists: 'So Much Has Changed'
- More From ET