September 16, 2014
'Stargate Universe' Cast on Season Two, Being Trapped on Destiny and Those Creepy Communication Stones (VIDEO)
by Chris Jancelewicz, posted Dec 1st 2010 1:30PM
All you 'Stargate Universe' fans out there: haven't you always wanted to know what the cast thinks about the communication stones? Or what they would bring with them if they were really trapped on the Destiny? What about their favorite sci-fi shows?
Most of the cast of 'SGU' assembled in Toronto to celebrate the mid-season finale, and TV Squad was fortunate enough to catch up with them. (Bonus points to any reader who can spot the error in the background of the videos.)
by Mike Moody, posted May 21st 2010 3:08PM
Life is tough aboard Destiny, the wandering spaceship that's home to the crew of Syfy's 'Stargate Universe.' The food is bad, the morale is low, and there's always a chance that a gang of creepy blue aliens will attack the ship or kidnap you from your quarters.
Life is even tougher for Tamara Johansen, aka T.J., played by Alaina Huffman. She's the ship's only medic, she had an affair with her commanding officer, and she's also pregnant. That last storyline came about due to Huffman's real-life pregnancy (she had a baby girl last December), which the 'SGU' team decided to work into the show.
I spoke with Huffman recently about T.J.'s pregnancy, the fan reaction to the show, and about what we could expect from the first season finale and the upcoming second season of 'SGU.' Click through for the goods, and to find out if she plans to slip back into that tight leather costume again to play Black Canary on 'Smallville.'
by Mike Moody, posted May 1st 2010 11:55AM
(S01E13) We caught up with Eli, Chloe, Greer and Scott still stuck underground and looking for a way out. All hope seemed lost until the usually skeptical Eli dreamed up a plan to use the Stargates to "catch up" with Destiny. Meanwhile, the crew aboard the ship, determined to find the missing team, enacted a search mission once the ship dropped out of FTL. But they had their own problems to deal with; the ship's power seemed to be fluctuating, and Rush discovered that their next jump would be to another galaxy far, far away.
One of the great things about 'Lost' was how it allowed us to explore a number of different planets, if only briefly. For a show called 'Stargate Universe,' the characters don't really seem to use the actual Stargate very much. We're used to them interacting on the ship or using the communication stones to make trips back to Earth. It was a welcome change of pace to see the Gates spinning every few minutes in this ep.
by Mike Moody, posted Apr 17th 2010 11:35AM
(S01E13) 'Faith' didn't deliver the thrills of 'Space' or the suspense of last week's episode, 'Divided.' Instead, we got a calmer hour full of lush scenery and characters relating to each other with a "spirit of cooperation."
I was glad to see the civilian vs. military conflict start to die down. I'd much rather watch the characters try to relate to one another on a personal level than be divided by their job descriptions.
I'm really starting to enjoy the show's quiet storytelling style, and the characters are finally growing on me. Eli used to be my favorite of the bunch - and he's still up there thanks to his 'Wrath of Khan' reference last night - but I've become very invested in Johansen's story. She's the most human character on the show, which speaks to Alaina Huffman's excellent performance. Hopefully the major development regarding Johansen in this ep will only make the character stronger.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Got Talent' Live Blog: The Final Performances of Season 9
- 'Dance Moms' Recap: Cathy's Insults Send Abby Over the Edge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Results: The First Elimination of Season 19
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Cast Photos
- 'Big Brother 16' Recap: The Final 5 Eviction
- More From BuddyTV
- The Originals' Nathan Parsons to Lead Amazon Pilot From Lost Boss
- Mindy Project Premiere Recap: Diamond Dan Dances Again
- New Girl Season 4 Premiere Recap: Say Yes to the Jess
- Dancing With the Stars Week 1 Results: Did The Right Couple Go Home?
- Scandal Adds Private Practice Star in Top-Secret Season 4 Role
- More From TVLine
- Matt Damon Headed Back To Play Jason Bourne Yet Again
- Nick Jonas Turns 22, Becomes a Model & Drops New Video
- Taylor Swift Proves She is the Ultimate Cat Lady
- Robin Thicke Admits to Drug Abuse, Says Paula Patton Left Because He Told Her 'The Truth'
- Jennifer Lawrence Explains What Makes a Woman Powerful in New Dior Campaign
- More From ET