It seems that everything is being released on DVD these days. Not just shows from the 50s and short-lived shows like The Adventures of Brisco County and Profit and many others. But there are many shows you'll never see on TV, because they're too obscure, don't have enough fan base, wouldn't be worth it financially, and/or just don't have any "buzz" to make it worth releasing by the studio. Now, I've been surprised before. I'm still shocked that Riptide made it to DVD. But I'm pretty confident we won't see the five shows below on DVD. Which is a shame, because they're five of my favorites.
In fact, if any of these shows are released on DVD (whole seasons, not an odd episode thrown on another DVD), I'll run naked through Central Park while eating a chicken salad sandwich and singing the theme song from Fame.
So, raise your hands: who remembers this show? It lasted for a whopping two episodes (a two hour pilot and another episode). They ran the two episodes in 1992, and then the next episode was pre-empted by some major breaking news (can't remember what), and then the show was never seen again! But oh, was it good.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Twisted Reunion: Kylie Bunbury Joins Avan Jogia's King Tut Event Series
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: Sister Act
- NCIS Season 12: DiNozzo to 'Partner' With Melrose Place Knockout
- Scoop: Desperate Housewives Alumna Eva Longoria Joins Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Once, Grey's, Sons of Anarchy, Hawaii Five-0, Castle, NCIS: LA, Scandal and More
- More From TVLine