It seems that everything is being released on DVD these days. Not just shows from the 50s and short-lived shows like The Adventures of Brisco County and Profit and many others. But there are many shows you'll never see on TV, because they're too obscure, don't have enough fan base, wouldn't be worth it financially, and/or just don't have any "buzz" to make it worth releasing by the studio. Now, I've been surprised before. I'm still shocked that Riptide made it to DVD. But I'm pretty confident we won't see the five shows below on DVD. Which is a shame, because they're five of my favorites.
In fact, if any of these shows are released on DVD (whole seasons, not an odd episode thrown on another DVD), I'll run naked through Central Park while eating a chicken salad sandwich and singing the theme song from Fame.
So, raise your hands: who remembers this show? It lasted for a whopping two episodes (a two hour pilot and another episode). They ran the two episodes in 1992, and then the next episode was pre-empted by some major breaking news (can't remember what), and then the show was never seen again! But oh, was it good.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Once Upon a Time Season 4 Adds Shameless Star to Frozen Mix; John Rhys-Davies to Voice Rock Troll
- First Look: Gracepoint Detective Issues a Stern Warning to Danny's Killer
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on NCIS, Arrow, Criminal Minds, Supernatural, Longmire, Castle and More
- 'Ship Shape: How Fave Pairs From Major Crimes, Defiance, Witches, Falling Skies and Other Shows Are Faring
- TVLine Items: Fringe Fave Goes Orange, Ferb Gets Lost, Vikings Trailer and More
- More From TVLine
- Ian Somerhalder Puckers Up for One Lucky Fan
- Who Will Be Taking It All Off for 'Hair' at the Hollywood Bowl?
- Donald Sterling Loses Court Case, Sale of Clippers Can Go Forward
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting and her Husband's Romantic Weekend at the Saloon
- Michael Sorrentino ‘The Situation' Sentenced to Anger Management
- More From ET