It seems that everything is being released on DVD these days. Not just shows from the 50s and short-lived shows like The Adventures of Brisco County and Profit and many others. But there are many shows you'll never see on TV, because they're too obscure, don't have enough fan base, wouldn't be worth it financially, and/or just don't have any "buzz" to make it worth releasing by the studio. Now, I've been surprised before. I'm still shocked that Riptide made it to DVD. But I'm pretty confident we won't see the five shows below on DVD. Which is a shame, because they're five of my favorites.
In fact, if any of these shows are released on DVD (whole seasons, not an odd episode thrown on another DVD), I'll run naked through Central Park while eating a chicken salad sandwich and singing the theme song from Fame.
So, raise your hands: who remembers this show? It lasted for a whopping two episodes (a two hour pilot and another episode). They ran the two episodes in 1992, and then the next episode was pre-empted by some major breaking news (can't remember what), and then the show was never seen again! But oh, was it good.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4: Ranking the Looks of 'Always the Bridesmaid'
- [Video] 'American Idol' One Singer to Watch: Tyanna Jones' Imperfections Stand Out
- [Videos] 'Glee': Klaine Gets Stuck in an Elevator
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from the Mid-Season Premiere
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 19 Moments of Love and Sacrifice from 'Prayer for the Dying'
- More From BuddyTV
- Idina Menzel to Star in Happy Time Comedy from Ellen DeGeneres
- Was Parenthood's Ending Too Happy? Can Elizabeth Jennings Best Arrow? How'd Olivia Frizz Out? And More Qs!
- Mindy Project Bids Adieu to Adam Pally With Peter's Top 3 Moments
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Trailer: Danerys' Destiny, Tyrion in Exile
- Ratings: Grey's, Scandal Return Up; Parenthood Finale and Mom Hit Highs
- More From TVLine