The Simpsons receives plenty of well-deserved praise, but I think people take for granted the great music in the series, all composed by the great Alf Clausen. Clausen worked on several other TV series as well, including, funny enough, ALF. His contribution adds a great dimension to the show, so I thought it would be cool to use this episode of The Five to talk about our favorite musical moments from The Simpsons. Here's a few I like:
Jasper sings the theme from A Summer Place: This is possibly my favorite Simpsons moment of all time, or a least in my top five. During the episode when Homer is telling his family how he was once in a popular barber shop quartet, there's a scene where they're auditioning new singers. Jasper chooses to sing the theme from A Summer Place, which doesn't actually have words, so he just keeps singing the words, "theeeeeme, from a suuummer plaaaaaace...." It cracks me up every time, but unfortunately I think that segment is cut out when the episode airs in syndication.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Breaking Amish': Meet the new cast heading to Los Angeles
- 'Teen Wolf': Fireflies, Stiles and death by virgin sacrifice
- 'The Bachelorette': Bryden has doubts; Hurricane Sandy couple brings James and Dez closer
- 'The Voice' recap: The Top 3 take the stage one last time
- John Hurt infected with 'The Strain,' joins Guillermo del Toro's FX pilot
- More From Zap2it
- Mistresses Recap: Yikes! Someone Actually Said, 'The Worst Is Over'
- Report: The Client List Renewal Held Up By Backstage Debate Over Baby-Daddy Drama
- The Voice Season 4 'Live Finals' Recap: Who Should (and Will) Win It All?
- FX's The Strain Pilot Adds Merlin's John Hurt
- TVLine Items: Showtime's Sexy New Trailer, Another Lost Reunion Hits Hawaii and More!
- More From TVLine