Oh, they don't make 'em like this anymore.
After the jump is a video from the NBC 60th Anniversary show in 1986 (very interesting). It's rather surreal. We get to see Bea Arthur, Nell Carter, Charlotte Rae (Mrs. Garrett from Facts of Life), Marla Gibbs, and Alfonso Ribiero sing a song about "family." That's the NBC family, that is, as all of them were starring on shows at the time (Facts of Life, Golden Girls, Gimme A Break, 227, and Silver Spoons). Punky Brewster herself makes an appearance too, but only to say three words and gives a thumbs up. Barbara Eden introduces the song. The most cringe-worthy moment isn't any of the singing, it's when Gibbs and Carter pass each other on the stairs and casually say that they love each other's shows.
Can you imagine a network doing this now? I want to see Hugh Laurie, Stewie, the guys from Prison Break, Marge Simpson, and Gordon Ramsay get on stage at the next Emmy Awards and sing about the FOX family.
[via Best Week Ever]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4: Ranking the Looks of 'Always the Bridesmaid'
- [Videos] 'Glee': Klaine Gets Stuck in an Elevator
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from the Mid-Season Premiere
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 19 Moments of Love and Sacrifice from 'Prayer for the Dying'
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.12 Photos: Dean Becomes a Teenager
- More From BuddyTV
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Trailer: Danerys' Destiny, Tyrion in Exile
- Ratings: Grey's, Scandal Return Up; Parenthood Finale and Mom Hit Highs
- World's Funniest Fails Sneak Peek: Fall Under the Spell of Adorable Puppies!
- LOL Video: Jimmy Kimmel Live & Friends Take the Air Out of Deflategate
- 'Super' NBC Promos: The Voice Meets Mad Max, The Blacklist, NPH and More
- More From TVLine