Oh, they don't make 'em like this anymore.
After the jump is a video from the NBC 60th Anniversary show in 1986 (very interesting). It's rather surreal. We get to see Bea Arthur, Nell Carter, Charlotte Rae (Mrs. Garrett from Facts of Life), Marla Gibbs, and Alfonso Ribiero sing a song about "family." That's the NBC family, that is, as all of them were starring on shows at the time (Facts of Life, Golden Girls, Gimme A Break, 227, and Silver Spoons). Punky Brewster herself makes an appearance too, but only to say three words and gives a thumbs up. Barbara Eden introduces the song. The most cringe-worthy moment isn't any of the singing, it's when Gibbs and Carter pass each other on the stairs and casually say that they love each other's shows.
Can you imagine a network doing this now? I want to see Hugh Laurie, Stewie, the guys from Prison Break, Marge Simpson, and Gordon Ramsay get on stage at the next Emmy Awards and sing about the FOX family.
[via Best Week Ever]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TV's 25 Sexiest Women of the New Fall 2014 Season
- 'Under the Dome': 17 Shocking Moments from 'The Fall'
- Death Watch 2014: What Will Be the First New Fall Show to Get Cancelled?
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Party String and a Cold Shower Spell Trouble
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: What Will Scott Become?
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Dome Hits Low, Ninja Ticks Up, Mistresses Down Vs. Previous Finale
- TVLine Items: General Hospital Recasts Jason, OITNB Star Is Faking It & More
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Poster Declares: 'Hunt or Be Hunted'
- Fall TV Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 42 Returning Favorites!
- Grey's Anatomy Video: Shonda Rhimes Reflects on Show's No. 1 Love Story
- More From TVLine
- Justin Bieber Arrested During ATV Date With Selena Gomez, Charged With Assault
- Britney Spears Puts Cheating Ex on Blast During Las Vegas Show
- CeeLo Green Deletes Twitter Account After Rape Tweet
- Exclusive Duggar Clip: Jill & Derek Visit Cancer-Stricken Mom on '19 Kids'
- Supermodels Unite! Cara Delevingne and Kate Moss Team Up for Burberry
- More From ET