As always, Oprah not only gives away free stuff (in this case, holiday tunes), but also brings people together. Where else but on 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' would you hear Alicia Keys and Tim McGraw singing the John Lennon classic 'Happy Xmas (War Is Over)?'
Grab some eggnog and watch the duet after the jump.
(S09E19) It's been nine weeks on Dancing with the Stars and I didn't expect to see Joanna, Kelly, or Donny around this long. Unfortunately, one of them was eliminated.
For no reason, Melissa Rycroft showed up on this results show and slipped in the professional's performance. This was probably because her fans caused an uproar since she wasn't a candidate for the Design A Dance competition. Instead of "Sabrina was robbed" we got "Melissa was robbed," and ABC listened.
It was a busy show, but the elimination was not a shocker to me. By this point, fan support outweighs the judges scores.
(S08E09) Seacrest begins the show with some cold, sexy numbers. We started this season with over 103,000 American Idol hopefuls, and now, going into the last night of Hollywood week, we're down to 72. Now that we're under the century mark, we get to be fancy: the contestants have backup singers, bands, and can play instruments if they want.
The way they're doing this is pretty hardcore: Each singer takes the stage, but receives no feedback afterward. Since this is their last chance, it kind of doesn't matter if Simon makes them cry, or Randy calls them Dawg. Either they're good enough or they're not. After they're finished singing, they have to wait until the end of the day, when the entire group is broken up into two groups: those who are going forward, and those who are not. Or, those who are immediately fading into obscurity and those who will fade more slowly, singing some goofy songs while hamming it up in some sort of Ford vehicle on the way.
(S02E16) This season's first so-so episode of The Office started with a great premise when half a joint is found in the company parking lot, and the volunteer Lackawanna County Sheriff's Deputy Dwight Schrute conducts his full (and borderline psychotic) investigation as to who is the drug fiend.
Michael tries to diffuse the situation because he admits that, at an Alicia Keys concert over the weekend, he was handed the joint by a girl with a lip ring. Obviously, he's got a lot to lose if he fails the impending urine test, so he is doing his best to calm Dwight down while espousing the evils of drug use to the rest of the staff.
A subplot that seemed rather childish and didn't seem to go anywhere was Pam and Jim's
game of Jinx whereby they said the same thing at the same time, which somehow Pam wins and forces Jim not to speak for
the rest of the day until he can buy her a soda (I still don't get it.) However, there were some moments that they
looked into each other's eyes without speaking, and you would think their flirtation would come to some sort of climax
before the end of the season/Pam's wedding.
Other fashion you should check out:
- Six Degrees, J.J. Abrams (Lost, Alias),
ABC: stories of six strangers in New York intertwine.
- Jericho, Jon Turteltaub, CBS: social,
psychological, physical chaos ensue when a small town is cut off from the rest of the world after a nuclear
- Orpheus, Ridley & Tony Scott, CBS: a man's girlfriend is involved in a
- Faceless, Joe Carnahan, FOX: prosecutor goes undercover to an underworld organization
- Heroes, Tim Kring, NBC: everyday people discover they have super hero
- Seeing Red, Graham Yost, NBC: a cop talks to dead people to solve cases.
- Untitled Alicia Keys project, Alicia Keys, UPN: inspired by the life of Alicia Keys, the show is about a 24-year-old musician who grew up in Hell's Kitchen.
- Underfunded, David Breckman & Rob Abrash, USA: a brilliant agent for the Canadian Secret Service solves cases despite the agency's severe lack of funding.
[Via The Hollywood Reporter]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Messengers' Recap: Dealing with Pestilence
- 'Wayward Pines' Interview: M. Night Shyamalan on Shocking Death and Darker Turn
- 'Bachelorette' Star Kaitlyn Bristowe on Pre-Fantasy Suite Sex: 'I Don't Know Why Everyone is So Shocked'
- 'The Bachelor' Season 11 Week 2 Photos: Punchlines and Punches
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart': Ranking the 13 Most Shocking Tribal Councils from Season 30
- More From BuddyTV
- Fuller House: Olsen Twins Not Returning as Michelle, EP Confirms
- The Good Wife: Matthew Goode Exits Ahead of Season 7
- American Crime Story: Cuba Gooding, Jr. as O.J. Simpson & More Cast Photos
- TVLine Items: Danny Trejo's Dusk Role Revealed, McHale Hosts ESPYS & More
- Humans First Look: AMC Drama Offers Eerie Take on Androids Among Us
- More From TVLine
- Robert De Niro Gives Blunt Commencement Speech: 'You're F***ed'
- Hollywood's 9 Hottest Hunks of Summer
- Josh Duggar Molestation Allegations: A Timeline of Events
- Chris Pratt Hilariously Pre-Apologizes for 'Jurassic World' Press Tour
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen Aren't Returning for 'Full House' Revival
- More From ET