Powered by i.TV
December 18, 2014

all worked up

News Roundup: 'Deadliest Catch' Stars Return to Show, 'Melissa and Joey' Gets a Full Season and More

by Jean Bentley, posted Oct 8th 2010 6:30PM
'Deadliest Catch'The 'Deadliest Catch' rumors reported earlier this week are true: Capts. Sig Hansen and Johnathan and Andy Hillstrand are returning to the show.

After the Hillstrands were sued by Discovery for not completing work on a spinoff series, they announced they would not participate in the upcoming season of 'Deadliest Catch.' Hansen followed suit and dropped out in solidarity with the brothers.

But now, according to The Hollywood Reporter, the Hillstrands have resolved their legal issues -- they'll finish work on the spinoff and participate in 'Deadliest Catch,' and Discovery has dropped the lawsuit. "I'm extremely pleased that we were able to resolve our clients' situation with Discovery," a lawyer for the brothers told THR. "The captains are very excited about the new season."

"We're happy we worked everything out with Discovery," the trio said in a statement. "A deal's a deal. We're heading up to Dutch Harbor to start filming the new season of 'Deadliest Catch' and hopefully it will be the best one yet."

In other TV news ...

ABC Family has ordered 20 more episodes of 'Melissa & Joey.' The sitcom starring Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence already had a 10-episode season 1 order. [Live Feed]

Mario Lopez's new reality series will be called 'Saved by the Baby.' Yes, 'Saved by the Baby.' The VH1 series will debut Nov. 1. [Entertainment Weekly]

TruTV has renewed 'All Worked Up' for a season 3. The network has also greenlit 'Lizard Lick Towing,' a spinoff from the popular 'All Worked Up.' [Deadline Hollywood]

Read More

    Follow Us

    From Our Partners