Surprisingly, Eva Longoria Parker didn't get a nomination for her Desperate Housewives role, but her on-screen husband, Ricardo Chavira, did (Update: she took herself out of the running). Other notable names missing from the list of nominees are America Ferrera and Ana Ortiz from Ugly Betty, who won awards last year.
Lost's Jorge Garcia has been nominated for an ALMA award by the National Council of La Raza. The organization, which acknowledges the work of Latinos in film and television, singled out Garcia for his portrayal of Hugo "Hurley" Reyes.
The actor is nominated in the category of Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Television Series, Miniseries, or TV Movie. He is up against Yancey Arias (Walkout), Mark Indelicato (Ugly Betty), Benito Martinez (The Shield), Tony Plana (Ugly Betty), and Miguel Sandoval (Medium).
Garcia won the ALMA award last year, so he is the man to beat. He also won a SAG award in 2006 for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series for Lost. Eva Longoria will host the ALMA awards broadcast, which airs at 9pm ET on June 5 (ABC).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Seth Meyers Hosting 2014 Emmy Awards
- Did ABC's Black Box Get Inside Your Head?
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Before and Aftershocks — Plus Your First Look at Burke's Return
- CBS' Bad Teacher: Did It Pass or Fail?
- American Idol Top 6 Results Recap: Maybe I Didn't Vote for You, Quite as Often as I Should Have
- More From TVLine
- Justin Bieber Released from Customs (VIDEO)
- Hang Ten with Hollywood's Best Surf Films
- Tori Spelling Acknowledges Her Cheating Past on 'True Tori'
- Bryan Singer Calls Underage Sex Abuse Allegations 'Vicious,' Pulls Out of 'X-Men' Promo Events
- Exclusive: Listen To Classic Funk Band War's New Single Off First Album in 20 Years
- More From ET