Surprisingly, Eva Longoria Parker didn't get a nomination for her Desperate Housewives role, but her on-screen husband, Ricardo Chavira, did (Update: she took herself out of the running). Other notable names missing from the list of nominees are America Ferrera and Ana Ortiz from Ugly Betty, who won awards last year.
Lost's Jorge Garcia has been nominated for an ALMA award by the National Council of La Raza. The organization, which acknowledges the work of Latinos in film and television, singled out Garcia for his portrayal of Hugo "Hurley" Reyes.
The actor is nominated in the category of Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Television Series, Miniseries, or TV Movie. He is up against Yancey Arias (Walkout), Mark Indelicato (Ugly Betty), Benito Martinez (The Shield), Tony Plana (Ugly Betty), and Miguel Sandoval (Medium).
Garcia won the ALMA award last year, so he is the man to beat. He also won a SAG award in 2006 for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series for Lost. Eva Longoria will host the ALMA awards broadcast, which airs at 9pm ET on June 5 (ABC).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Recap: Everyone's After Mark
- 'The Messengers' Recap: Finding the Horseman of War
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.21 Photos: Jackson and Hayley are On the Move
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: Which Teams' Plans are Foiled by Driving Drama?
- 11 Reasons to Start Watching 'Penny Dreadful'
- More From BuddyTV
- Will Floyd Mayweather Use His Winnings to Pay Suge Knight's Bail?
- Watch Matt LeBlanc Sing Joey Tribianni's 'Friends' Songs
- EXCLUSIVE: Hear Elle King Flawlessly Cover Tom Petty's 'American Girl' for 'Hot Pursuit'
- Floyd Mayweather Wins in Unanimous Decision: 7 Highlights From the Big Fight!
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao: Star Sightings
- More From ET