Surprisingly, Eva Longoria Parker didn't get a nomination for her Desperate Housewives role, but her on-screen husband, Ricardo Chavira, did (Update: she took herself out of the running). Other notable names missing from the list of nominees are America Ferrera and Ana Ortiz from Ugly Betty, who won awards last year.
Lost's Jorge Garcia has been nominated for an ALMA award by the National Council of La Raza. The organization, which acknowledges the work of Latinos in film and television, singled out Garcia for his portrayal of Hugo "Hurley" Reyes.
The actor is nominated in the category of Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Television Series, Miniseries, or TV Movie. He is up against Yancey Arias (Walkout), Mark Indelicato (Ugly Betty), Benito Martinez (The Shield), Tony Plana (Ugly Betty), and Miguel Sandoval (Medium).
Garcia won the ALMA award last year, so he is the man to beat. He also won a SAG award in 2006 for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series for Lost. Eva Longoria will host the ALMA awards broadcast, which airs at 9pm ET on June 5 (ABC).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelor' Roundup: Chris Soules' First Interview as The Bachelor, Juan Pablo Galavis' Advice and More
- 'The Strain' Recap: One Friend is Lost, Another is Gained
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Kendall Drops Last Name, Brody Feels 'Played' by Kim and More
- 'Big Brother 16' Recap: Another Week of Bomb Squad Domination
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 10 Power of Veto?
- More From BuddyTV
- Falling Skies Season 4 Finale Recap: Over the Moon
- Once Upon a Time First Look: Frozen's Elsa Gets Cold Shoulder in Storybrooke
- Quotes of the Week from General Hospital, Bachelor in Paradise, Masters of Sex, Project Runway and More
- Sons of Anarchy Boss on Lea Michele's 'Frumpy, Makeup-Free' Season 7 Guest Stint: 'She Completely Went There'
- Saved by the Bell's Best Episodes: Rockumentary, 'Jessie's Song,' a Perfect Prom Picnic and 10 Others
- More From TVLine