Surprisingly, Eva Longoria Parker didn't get a nomination for her Desperate Housewives role, but her on-screen husband, Ricardo Chavira, did (Update: she took herself out of the running). Other notable names missing from the list of nominees are America Ferrera and Ana Ortiz from Ugly Betty, who won awards last year.
Lost's Jorge Garcia has been nominated for an ALMA award by the National Council of La Raza. The organization, which acknowledges the work of Latinos in film and television, singled out Garcia for his portrayal of Hugo "Hurley" Reyes.
The actor is nominated in the category of Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Television Series, Miniseries, or TV Movie. He is up against Yancey Arias (Walkout), Mark Indelicato (Ugly Betty), Benito Martinez (The Shield), Tony Plana (Ugly Betty), and Miguel Sandoval (Medium).
Garcia won the ALMA award last year, so he is the man to beat. He also won a SAG award in 2006 for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series for Lost. Eva Longoria will host the ALMA awards broadcast, which airs at 9pm ET on June 5 (ABC).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelor' Season 11 Week 2 Photos: Punchlines and Punches
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart': Ranking the 13 Most Shocking Tribal Councils from Season 30
- 'The Flash': The 10 Most Villainous Moments of Season 1
- 'Wayward Pines' Recap: Things Get Even Weirder and A Main Character is Killed Off
- Meet the Cast of 'Survivor Cambodia: Second Chance'
- More From BuddyTV
- Red Nose Day on NBC: Best and Worst Moments
- Wayward Pines Recap: Rules Are Rules!
- TVLine Items: Mimi Rogers to Evil Dead, BoJack Return Date Set and More
- Major Crimes Spinoff S.O.B. Isn't Moving Forward, Says TNT Boss
- Hannibal Season 3 Trailer: Dr. & Mrs. (!) Lecter 'Want to Have You for Dinner'
- More From TVLine