alvin and the chipmunks
Not sure why the first season of 'Sports Night' is being released again. Actually, the series has been released as "Complete Series" packages twice now (there were only two seasons), and the 10th Anniversary edition is still available so I'm not sure what 'Sports Night' fan would spend money on the first season alone. It doesn't look like there's anything on it that you can't get on the other set.
- 'The Abbott & Costello Show' - Complete Series Collector's Edition
- 'Alvin & The Chimpmunks' - Cinderella Cinderella
- 'Ben 10: Alien Force' - Vol. 6
- 'Celebrity Rehab' - Season 1
The Chipettes animated on the small screen were kind of girly and cute. The Chipettes in Alvin And The Chipmunks: The Squeakuel are what you see before you die.
How can there be so many DVDs released in one day and there not be one that I want to buy? I never got into Stargate, I don't want to own Dallas on DVD, ditto Reba, and I refuse to buy Walker Texas Ranger because a.) it's not very good, and b.) it replaced a show that I really loved in the early 90s. I enjoyed Benny Hill, but I don't know if I enjoyed it enough to own it. So it looks like I'm going to save some money this week.
Yeah, right. Like I won't find something to buy that was released a while ago.
- Alvin & The Chipmunks - The Chipettes
- Ben 10 Alien Force - Season 1, Vol. 2
- The Benny Hill Show - Best of the Early Years
- Captain and the Kings - Miniseries
- Dallas - Season 10
- House of Payne - Vol. 3
Lots of good stuff for TV Squad readers this week, from season one sets for Chuck, Pushing Daisies, and Private Practice to a new Seinfeld season one set and Cybill.
I have the Ozzie & Harriet disc but since it's Christmas-oriented, I'll probably wait a couple of months to review it.
- The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Christmas with the Nelsons
- Alvin & The Chipmunks - Alvin!!! Edition
- Avatar: The Last Airbender - Book 3 Collection
- Chuck - Season 1
- Criminal Minds - Season 3
- Cybill - Vol. 1
- Dirty Sexy Money - Season 1
- Duckman - Season 1 and 2
- Father Knows Best - Vol. 1
- Gimme A Break! - Seasons 1 and 2 (Canada)
- Goosebumps - A Night in Terror Tower, Monster Blood, and One Day in Horrorland
- Inside The Actor's Studio - Robin Williams
- Meerkat Manor - Best of Season 3
- Private Practice - Season 1
- Pushing Daisies - Season 1
- The Red Green Show - 2000
- Seinfeld - Season 1: The Very Beginning
- Torchwood - Season Two
- Will & Grace - Complete Series and Season 8
I got a great letter this week from a fan named Harold Dickinson.
He writes, "I'm trying to get the name of a cartoon from the late 50's or early 60's. It had two characters who -- at least in my memory -- remind me of Penn and Teller. The one character was tall and bombastic, the other was shorter and never spoke- although he would whisper to the other character. I believe the smaller character was named Leonardo- but I wouldn't swear to it."
Ah, Christmas music. A lot of people hate it. Those people are called "Scrooges."
I love Christmas music. The classic stuff, that is. Sinatra, Clooney, Como, instrumental music. If I hear Bruce Spingsteen's "Santa Claus is Coming To Town" or anything by Mariah Carey or U2 or McCartney or any rock band (though I love "Jingle Bell Rock," "Christmas Wrapping," and Darlene Love, which are all great), I'll strangle an elf, I swear.
After the jump I've posted many classic moments from TV specials and Christmas episodes of shows. You'll find everything from Dean Martin to a classic soda commercial and even a part of the male anatomy, placed in a square receptacle.
Jason Lee, star of My Name is Earl, also has another career apart from television: crapping all over my childhood memories. Lee will not only provide the voice of Underdog in the upcoming live-action feature based on the beloved children's cartoon, but has also joined the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie as Dave Seville, the human "father" to Alvin, Simon and Theodore (the Chipmunks will be computer generated). Seville was the stage name of songwriter and performer Ross Bagdasarian, who first used the sped-up voice technique on his song "The Witch Doctor" and later used the same technique for his Chipmunk records.
The film is being produced by Ross Bagdasarian, Jr. and his wife Janice Karman. Tim Hill, director of the second Garfield feature film, will direct.
[via Toon Zone]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Ratings: Battle Creek Flat With Series Finale, NASCAR Dominates Night
- American Horror Story: Hotel's Latest Guest: New Girl's Max Greenfield
- Once's Merlin, Empire's Own Iggy, Arrow's Darhk Foe and 26 More Homes for Stars of Cancelled Shows
- GoT Recap: Royally Screwed
- Anne Meara, Actress/Comedian and Half of Stiller & Meara, Dead at 85
- More From TVLine
- 'Newsroom' Star Alison Pill Marries Joshua Leonard -- See the Pretty Pics!
- Star Sightings May 2015
- Jessa Duggar's Father-In-Law Encourages Josh Duggar: 'Hang In There'
- Watch 'Empire' Star Taraji P. Henson Twerk in a Teeny Bikini!
- Kelly Rutherford's Famous Friends React to Her Custody Battle Win
- More From ET