"I didn't think you had it in you. And I mean that." - Roger, trying to "compliment" Pete on an ad campaign
Last week I told you that I thought that one of the themes of this show is freedom, and I think in the opening scene of this week's episode solidifies that a little bit more. It's a shot of the neighbors prized birds flying off from the coop, though they return when he has food in his hand. I get that feeling that all the characters are looking for that freedom, or at least a change. Betty wants to go back to modeling, Don might want a new job, and Pete wants Peggy. Maybe. Kinda.
This week's episode was also directed by Freak and Greeks creator/producer/writer Paul Feig, and that makes me perk up a bit. I'm curious to see what he does with a show like Mad Men.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Watch 'Chasing Life' Season 2
- 'The Bachelorette' Prediction: Who Will Be Sent Home Week 8?
- Claudia Jordan on Being Fired on 'RHOA': 'It's Not Over Until the Fat Lady Sings'
- 'RHOA' Star Cynthia Bailey: 'The Show Has Never Been About One Person'
- 'The Bachelorette' Spoilers: Kaitlyn's Confession and the Big Showdown
- More From BuddyTV
- Nashville's Jonathan Jackson Previews Lucky's 'Whirlwind' GH Return
- Ratings: The USA's FIFA Women's World Cup Win Sets Record
- Wayward Pines Video: Has the First Generation Suffered a Tragic Loss?
- Penny Dreadful Season Finale Recap: Blood, Threat and Tears
- Food Network Star Recap: A Thin Line Between Love and Hate
- More From TVLine
- NHL Star Tyler Seguin's Tip for Getting Naked in ESPN Body Issue: ‘Moisturize'
- Britney Spears Recreates the 'Oops!... I Did It Again' Cover with Sons Sean & Jayden
- Miley Cyrus' Fourth of July Celebration Is Just as Bananas as You'd Expect
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Wed in Secret Ceremony!
- Jill Duggar and Ben Seewald Ship Out, 'Excited' to Begin Overseas Mission Work
- More From ET