Anyway, here's my wish list for 2008:
- Some way to record and watch Big Bang / HIMYM, Chuck, and House (all airing at the same time starting in January) so I don't have to resort to watching one of them on my laptop.
- Speaking of Mother, please let them end the season with a bang. And please keep Britney as far away from the set as possible.
- More web series as well-written and funny as Dr. Horrible and Children's Hospital.
Please, please, let this be a sign of good things to come, because Ugly Betty could use an injection of good stuff. So far this season, the show has lurched around searching for its comedic soul.
Yeah, I'm confused too. Reading this article doesn't make me feel any better, as it looks like Mr. Simmons is determined to keep the details of his appearance super hush-hush. Past guests have been pretty open about their roles, so I'm starting to wonder if Simmons is going to play a significant, storyline-shifting part. Dare I speculate that he's Amanda's real daddy?
Hmm... Fey Sommers and Gene Simmons. For some reason, the idea of Simmons having a secret sex room doesn't seem so far-fetched.
(S01E22) Before we get started, I need to get something out of the way.
"A boy like that. He'll kill your brother."
Who wants to live in America? Rita Moreno does! I'm just one big fag haggis experiencing her inner theater queen. We all know that there's a Betty musical episode in the works, but I think we might be in for a preview next week. The episode is called "East Side Story," guest stars Kristin Chenoweth and is timed perfectly for Justin to save the day for middle school-aged thespians everywhere. Until then, let us reflect on tonight's mystical Mexico tour.
(S01E21) I wish Ugly Betty's Christina could sit down with The Office's Pam and tell her the same thing she told Betty - "You can take care of yourself, princess." How original. How wonderful. How like real life.
(S01E18) I would have written this review sooner, but I couldn't stop crying like a big baby. Not every storyline was a home run this week, but the most important one was. It could have gotten all "Lifetime Original," but it didn't. This show is many things - funny, moving, campy - but it is never saccharine.
When you're at a party or an event, the presence of a few celebrities will get noticed. But at something like this, where 100 people from various ABC, ABC Family and Disney Channel shows were present, everyone just blends and hangs out like normal people. Well, that's not entirely true. The celebs -- many of whom were dressed in their party finest -- talked to each other, and the critics -- many wearing the same business-casual garb they wore during the day -- talked to each other. When the worlds collided, it was usually when a critic tried to formally interview one of the celebrities, which was impossible given the crowd noise and the loud music.
More of what I learned after the jump.
Last night's top TV moment? Without question -- America Ferrera's surprise win at the Golden Globes.
She took home a statue for best actress in a musical or comedy series for her work on Ugly Betty and gave one of the night's best acceptance speeches. Watch the clip.
And then check out the best of the rest -- top moments from 24, E! Live From the Red Carpet, I Love New York and The Tonight Show With Jay Leno.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.20 Photos: Tony and Zoe Partner Up for a Case
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.19 Photos: What New Secrets Will Victoria Uncover?
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Live Blog: Latin Night and the Second Elimination
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.18 Photos: OPA Helps a Congressman's Father
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Finale: 22 Moments of Despair and a Bit of Hope from 'Conquer'
- More From BuddyTV
- Arrow/Flash Spinoff Taps Doctor Who Alum as Time Traveler Rip Hunter
- Flash Boss, Mark Hamill Preview the Trickster's Return, Rogues' Alliance
- Nashville Photos: 'Deyna' in Despair, Juliette's Baby Shower of Fury
- Reality Check: Who's Rising (and Falling) on American Idol? Plus: Best Season of The Voice Ever?
- Arrow/Flash Spinoff Swoops In and Casts Pippin Star as Hawkgirl
- More From TVLine
- Shawn Mendes on His 'Crazy' Fans, Debut Album and Celebrity Crush
- Saying Goodbye to 'Hot in Cleveland': The Ladies Reveal Who's Naughtiest On Set
- ET Surprises Reba McEntire for Her 60th Birthday
- Jay Z Debuts New Music Streaming Service Tidal in Most Awkward Press Conference Ever
- Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton Kiss, Show Support for Little Big Town
- More From ET