If you haven't yet tried Stephen Colbert's AmeriCone Dream ice cream from Ben and Jerry's, you should. It is the most "just okay" ice cream you'll ever taste. Your tastebuds will be bombarded with a cavalcade of average, middle-of-the-road flavor.
Okay, so AmeriCone Dream never did much for me. I'm more of a Phish Food man, what can you do? However, on July 7, Colbert will be doing something Phish has never done: he'll throw the first pitch at a RiverDogs baseball game in Charleston, South Carolina (his hometown). He won't be throwing a ball, however, he'll be throwing a pint of AmeriCone Dream. I'd like to see the entire game played with a pint of ice cream, but that probably won't happen. Jerry Greenfield, the "Jerry" in "Ben and Jerry's" will catch the pint. Let's hope he does, because I'm pretty sure getting conked in the head by a pint of frozen ice cream is kind of painful, especially if one of those waffle cone shards get wedged in your eye.
In addition to tossing his ice cream, Colbert will also sit in on the radio broadcast during the game.
[via CC Insider]
It turns out the rumors were true after all: Stephen Colbert, that champion of liberty and master of satirical rhetoric has his own Ben and Jerry's flavor. Americone Dream consists of waffle cone pieces covered in fudge mixed in with caramel and vanilla ice cream. Damn, that sounds mighty tasty, though in my opinion Ben and Jerry's has yet to come up with a flavor that rivals Phish Food. When I eat Phish Food it's like being punched in the face with a boxing glove of flavor.
Speaking of Phish Food, Colbert rightly pointed out the liberal bias of Ben and Jerry's past flavors, and the liberal bias of dessert in general. I say it's about damn time our man Stephen was represented in the freezer aisle. Between this and sales of his potent man seed (Formula 401), he should be raking in the dough. Actually, Colbert is donating his proceeds to charity. He's a class act all the way.
Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream. Vanilla Ice Cream with Fudge Covered Vanilla Cone Pieces and a Caramel Swirl. Ben and Jerry's will neither confirm nor deny the partnership. However, they did tell Salon that "...there's been a lot of experimentation with red, white and blue."
So truthy, it's giving me brain freeze just thinking about it.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Constantine' Recap: John and Papa Midnite Join Forces
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Which Guy's Got Moves Like Elvis?
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: Which Team is Targeted By the Other Racers?
- Best ?Bones? Quotes from 'The Puzzler in the Pit'
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 17 Shocking Moments from 'Fade Into You'
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Constantine and Shark Tank Rise, H50 Hits Season Highs
- HTGAWM Post Mortem: EP Talks 'Murder Night' Aftermath — 'You Should Be Worried About Everyone'
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Charlie Hunnam
- Hell on Wheels Sneak Peek: Cullen Plots His Escape in Season Finale
- Homeland Enlists Broadway Vet Victoria Clark to Play Key Character
- More From TVLine