Hoda Kotb and correspondent Amy Robach, Shue's wife, compare feet on the fourth hour of 'Today' (weekdays, 7AM ET on NBC). Then, Shue joins in and proudly shows off his hammer toe, which, he says, is the result of playing soccer.
Watch the video after the jump.
More casting news after the jump.
Welcome to TV Squad Lists, a feature where each blogger has a chance to list his or her own rundown of things in television that stand out from the rest, both good and bad.
A few summers ago, I discovered reruns of Melrose Place on the Style Channel. The show had always been a sort of kryptonite for me, since I never watched it during its original run. Basically, if anyone wanted to "Stump the King" all they had to do was ask me a Melrose question. Since it was summer and I had little to watch, I decided to give it a look. Well, I fell in love with it. When I told people that I had been watching the show and loving it, they were shocked. I was hard pressed to come up with concrete reasons why I was so taken with the show but here is what I came up with.
1. I'm watching my friends.
Even though the stories are ridiculous (Michael trying to kill Sydney, Kimberly blowing up the building, etc.), I can't wait to see what happens to these characters, because I have so much invested. Andrew Shue can play soccer and pretend he's a philanthropist till he's dead for all I care, but Billy Campbell has became a dear friend and if I go too long without seeing him, I miss him (yes, in a gay way).
I never watched Melrose Place. And it wasn't because I was anti-soap opera. I watched every single episode of Knot's Landing, and I've been watching Guiding Light since around 1979 or '80, but Melrose Place never caught my interest. I think I saw just two scenes, both with Marcia Cross. The scene where she took her wig off, revealing a scar, and the scene where the she blew up the complex. Beyond that, even though the show starred Courtney Thorne-Smith (big crush), I didn't see any of the episodes.
But fans can rejoice: the first season of the show will be released on DVD November 7. It will be an 8 DVD set, but no word on what the extras will be.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Following': 15 Creepy Moments from 'Reunion'
- Best 'Castle' Quotes from 'Habeas Corpse'
- ?The Voice? Season 8: Top 20 Performance Rankings from the Knockout Rounds
- 'Hell's Kitchen' Prediction: Who Will Go Home in Week 5?
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.20 Photos: Tony and Zoe Partner Up for a Case
- More From BuddyTV
- New Girl Renewed for Season 5 at Fox as John Cho Joins Guest Cast
- Sutton Foster Talks Playing Younger, Bunheads''Devastating' Final Bow
- Ratings: DWTS and Castle Tick Up; Scorpion, The Voice, Night Shift Slip
- Cougar Town: Your Fave Songs From All 6 Seasons With the Cul-de-Sac Crew
- Henry Simmons Talks S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Captain America 2 Flashbacks, Mack vs. Coulson and Lucy Lawless' Encore
- More From TVLine
- Helen Mirren Talking With Helium Voice On 'The Tonight Show' Will Make Your Day
- Tara Reid Shows Off Her Super-Skinny Bikini Bod on the Beach
- Paula Patton Says She's 'Becoming an Adult' After Split from Robin Thicke
- Harvey Weinstein's Rep Says He'll Be 'Fully Vindicated' Against Claims He Groped a 22-Year-Old Woman
- Russell Crowe Says Michael Jackson Pranked Called Him for Years
- More From ET