Hoda Kotb and correspondent Amy Robach, Shue's wife, compare feet on the fourth hour of 'Today' (weekdays, 7AM ET on NBC). Then, Shue joins in and proudly shows off his hammer toe, which, he says, is the result of playing soccer.
Watch the video after the jump.
More casting news after the jump.
Welcome to TV Squad Lists, a feature where each blogger has a chance to list his or her own rundown of things in television that stand out from the rest, both good and bad.
A few summers ago, I discovered reruns of Melrose Place on the Style Channel. The show had always been a sort of kryptonite for me, since I never watched it during its original run. Basically, if anyone wanted to "Stump the King" all they had to do was ask me a Melrose question. Since it was summer and I had little to watch, I decided to give it a look. Well, I fell in love with it. When I told people that I had been watching the show and loving it, they were shocked. I was hard pressed to come up with concrete reasons why I was so taken with the show but here is what I came up with.
1. I'm watching my friends.
Even though the stories are ridiculous (Michael trying to kill Sydney, Kimberly blowing up the building, etc.), I can't wait to see what happens to these characters, because I have so much invested. Andrew Shue can play soccer and pretend he's a philanthropist till he's dead for all I care, but Billy Campbell has became a dear friend and if I go too long without seeing him, I miss him (yes, in a gay way).
I never watched Melrose Place. And it wasn't because I was anti-soap opera. I watched every single episode of Knot's Landing, and I've been watching Guiding Light since around 1979 or '80, but Melrose Place never caught my interest. I think I saw just two scenes, both with Marcia Cross. The scene where she took her wig off, revealing a scar, and the scene where the she blew up the complex. Beyond that, even though the show starred Courtney Thorne-Smith (big crush), I didn't see any of the episodes.
But fans can rejoice: the first season of the show will be released on DVD November 7. It will be an 8 DVD set, but no word on what the extras will be.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 13 Stories That Changed TV in 2013
- 'Scandal' Season 3 Episode Photos
- 'The Amazing Race': The Top 20 Challenges of Season 23
- 'Once Upon a Time': 20 Horrifying, Heartwarming and Hilarious Moments from 'The New Neverland'
- 'The Amazing Race' Season 23 Highlights: Elephants, Camels and Rams, Oh My!
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Community' Season 5: Trailer and Nathan Fillion re-'affillionated' with the show
- 'The Great Christmas Light Fight': Houses so decorated they are visible from space
- 'Grimm's' David Giuntoli talks Season 3 midseason finale: 'Who knew Santa had horns?'
- 'Late Night with Seth Meyers' debuts first poster: See the happy photo
- USA sets 'Psych' Season 8 premiere, moves 'Suits' back to Thursdays
- More From Zap2it
- Sleepy Hollow: More Corbin? Suspect Sin Eater? An Ichabbie Weekend? And More Burning Qs
- TVLine Items: Murphy Brown Reunion, Bonnie & Clyde Ratings, Sarah Palin's New Gig and More!
- Community Sneak Peek: Jeff Unexpectedly Finds Himself Back at Greendale as [Spoiler]
- 'Ship Shape: How Your Fave Pairs From Reign, Once, Mindy and Other Shows Are Faring
- Exclusive Sneak Peek: The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Battle Centipede's Next Gen Super-Soldier
- More From TVLine