Hoda Kotb and correspondent Amy Robach, Shue's wife, compare feet on the fourth hour of 'Today' (weekdays, 7AM ET on NBC). Then, Shue joins in and proudly shows off his hammer toe, which, he says, is the result of playing soccer.
Watch the video after the jump.
More casting news after the jump.
Welcome to TV Squad Lists, a feature where each blogger has a chance to list his or her own rundown of things in television that stand out from the rest, both good and bad.
A few summers ago, I discovered reruns of Melrose Place on the Style Channel. The show had always been a sort of kryptonite for me, since I never watched it during its original run. Basically, if anyone wanted to "Stump the King" all they had to do was ask me a Melrose question. Since it was summer and I had little to watch, I decided to give it a look. Well, I fell in love with it. When I told people that I had been watching the show and loving it, they were shocked. I was hard pressed to come up with concrete reasons why I was so taken with the show but here is what I came up with.
1. I'm watching my friends.
Even though the stories are ridiculous (Michael trying to kill Sydney, Kimberly blowing up the building, etc.), I can't wait to see what happens to these characters, because I have so much invested. Andrew Shue can play soccer and pretend he's a philanthropist till he's dead for all I care, but Billy Campbell has became a dear friend and if I go too long without seeing him, I miss him (yes, in a gay way).
I never watched Melrose Place. And it wasn't because I was anti-soap opera. I watched every single episode of Knot's Landing, and I've been watching Guiding Light since around 1979 or '80, but Melrose Place never caught my interest. I think I saw just two scenes, both with Marcia Cross. The scene where she took her wig off, revealing a scar, and the scene where the she blew up the complex. Beyond that, even though the show starred Courtney Thorne-Smith (big crush), I didn't see any of the episodes.
But fans can rejoice: the first season of the show will be released on DVD November 7. It will be an 8 DVD set, but no word on what the extras will be.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Wayward Pines' Interview: M. Night Shyamalan on Shocking Death and Darker Turn
- 'Bachelorette' Star Kaitlyn Bristowe on Pre-Fantasy Suite Sex: 'I Don't Know Why Everyone is So Shocked'
- 'The Bachelor' Season 11 Week 2 Photos: Punchlines and Punches
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart': Ranking the 13 Most Shocking Tribal Councils from Season 30
- 'The Flash': The 10 Most Villainous Moments of Season 1
- More From BuddyTV
- 19 Kids and Counting Pulled From TLC Schedule in Wake of Josh Duggar's Admitted 'Wrongdoing'
- The Bastard Executioner: Kurt Sutter's SOA Follow-Up Gets Series Order at FX
- Is The Flash's Ronnie Doomed? Which Superhero Finale Was Best? Hypocrisy on Bachelorette? And More TV Qs
- Sunday Night Football, Empire Top Ratings for 2014-15 Season; Forever Among Highest-Rated Axed Shows
- Ratings: Red Nose Day Draws Small Crowd, Wayward Pines Rises
- More From TVLine
- A Day in the Life of Jennifer Aniston on Instagram
- Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez and Kim Kardashian Slammed for Being Sexy Moms, Twitter Fights Back
- Matt Bellamy Steps Out in Cannes with New Blonde on His Arm
- Regina George's 'Mean Girls' Mansion Is Up For Sale
- Robin Thicke & His 20-Year-Old Girlfriend April Love Geary Make Their Debut as a Couple at Cannes
- More From ET