If you haven't seen the show, you may not realize just how strange his enthusiasm is -- this is a man who eats jellied eels, chicken uterus, scorpions, cow's blood and raw goat testicles. It's obviously a niche job and, yes, an acquired taste.
I caught up with the passport-wielding foodie to find out where he'll be taking us this season (and what he'll be eating there), his favorite foodie TV shows and his simple request for his last meal.
I also talk to 'Bizarre Foods' host -- and regular on 'The Soup' -- Andrew Zimmern about what he's got in store for Joel McHale to mock this season, and I get the dish on Starz' latest series 'Gravity' from stars Ivan Sergei and Krysten Ritter.
Want more? E-mail me TV questions at TheTVShowGirl@aol.com and I'll try to get you answers on the show. -- By Maggie Furlong
- At 8, NBC has the two-hour season premiere of The Biggest Loser, then a new Jay Leno Show.
- FOX has the two-hour season finale of More To Love.
- The CW has a new 90210 at 8, then a new Melrose Place.
- At 9, CBS has the two-hour season finale of Big Brother.
- ABC has a new Shaq Vs. at 9, followed by Barbara Walters: Patrick Swayze.
- Syfy has a new Warehouse 13 at 9, then a new ECW.
- History Channel has a new episode of The Universe at 9.
- BBC America has a new Dragon's Den at 9.
- Also at 9: ESPN has a new World Series of Poker.
- At 10, A&E has a new episode of The Cleaner.
- FX has a new Sons of Anarchy at 10.
- Food Network has a new Chopped at 10.
- There's a new Flipping Out on Bravo at 10.
- Travel Channel has a new Andrew Zimmern's Bizarre World at 10.
- HBO has a new Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel at 10.
Check your local TV listings for more.
After the jump, the late night talk shows.
'The Girls Next Door' (Season 5)
What the Season's About: This season chronicles the lead-up to the buxom blonde trio's flight from the Playboy coop. While we now know that Kendra and Bridget landed their own series, we will always remember their time in the mansion -- even if Hef doesn't.
Why You Should Check It Out: It's the last season that features Bridget, Holly and Kendra as Hef's girlfriends. While there is a season 6 in the works with all new Hef gal pals, the chemistry between these three will be hard to match.
Rent it on Netflix | Buy it on Amazon
Friday's TCA, which continued cable TV presentations, felt like three days rolled into one.
Just how jam-packed and eclectic are the programs and announcements that were made?
Here's a sample: Dynasty diva Joan Collins is checking into BBC America's Hotel Babylon, Richard Dreyfus (Jaws) is not afraid to get back into the water as host of The Discovery Channel's Ocean of Fear: The Worst Shark Attack Ever and Jonny Fairplay (Survivor) of CMT's Ty Murray's Celebrity Bull-Riding Challenge sadly announced that his beloved grandmother passed away two weeks ago.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Quest' Premiere Episode Photos
- The Final Rose: Josh and Andi's Fairytale Journey on 'The Bachelorette'
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 10 Finale Photos: The Final Rose
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Is Done with 'Dancing with the Stars'
- 'The Bachelorette': Did Nick Go Too Far After Being Rejected?
- More From BuddyTV
- Sons of Anarchy Video: The Naked Truth Behind Charlie Hunnam's Surprising Comic-Con No-Show
- TVLine Items: Blacklist Adds Foe for Red, a White Collar Return and More
- Scoop: Brooklyn Decker, Ethan Embry Join Netflix Comedy Grace and Frankie
- Arrow Casts Wildcat — Will He Train Laurel to Become the New Canary?
- The Closer's Kyra Sedgwick to Play Deputy Chief on Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- More From TVLine
- Kevin Smith Says Jennifer Garner is the Reason He's Not Friends with Ben Affleck Anymore
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Poster Sparks 9-11 Comparisons
- Find Out Cameron Diaz's Fall Back Career On The Set of 'The Mask' 20 Years Ago
- No More Blowouts! Jennifer Lopez Sports Her Natural Curls
- Martha Stewart on Blake Lively's New Lifestyle Blog: 'I Mean, It's Stupid'
- More From ET