According to Kendrick, when she was getting her legs waxed, the Russian woman taking care of it asked her if she was also Russian and seemed surprised when Kendrick told her she wasn't.
"You look Russian," the woman explained, further clarifying that this was because Kendrick was beautiful.
When Kendrick explained that she was a blend of Irish, Scottish and English, the woman didn't believe it. "Women from the U.K. are very ugly," she said matter-of-factly.
I keep expecting this whole 'Eddie Murphy hosts the Oscars' thing to be a faulty meme, but now that the news is confirmed, I guess I'll have to come to grips with it. Okay -- done. After all, Murphy is one of the highest-grossing movie stars of all time, can be very very funny, and has proven he can still be funny without using swears ('Shrek'). He has been nominated for "The Statue." (And who can hold it against him if he left the theater shortly after he lost it to Alan Arkin?)
Truth is, the most shocking thing about this whole whirlwind of a story is that Brett Ratner is co-producing the Oscars. Has the Academy looked at his resume lately? What am I saying? These are the same people who thought James Franco and Anne Hathaway were the answer to their problems.
The Adam Lambert/ABC controversy is one of those things that makes zero sense to me. If you recall, after Lambert kissed a dude and briefly simulated oral sex with someone in his band on the American Music Awards, ABC freaked out and started banning him from their shows. The network canceled appearances on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' and 'Good Morning America,' apparently fearing that the 'American Idol' runner-up wouldn't be able to refrain from nibbling George Stephanopoulos' ear at 7:30 AM. What I don't get is why this is such a big deal: it's as if ABC is operating in a world in which Lady Gaga and her antics don't exist.
Now the big Lambert news is that he may be attending the Oscars, which is airing March 7 on ABC. As Lambert isn't in the film industry, this makes little sense-- except that he may be attending the ceremony with longtime friend Anna Kendrick, who is nominated for Best Supporting Actress for her turn in the George Clooney film, 'Up In The Air.'
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Chicago Fire Season 4: Casey Has Gone Missing! — What Happens Next?
- A.D. The Bible Continues Cancelled
- Is Detective Truly a Snooze? Is UnReal Couple 'Shippable? LOLcats on Zoo? Dreadful Heartbreak? And More TV Qs
- Ratings: Hannibal, Rookie, Beast Steady on Soft Holiday Eve; Dome Drops
- Fireworks! 25 Explosive TV Moments, Including Thrones Death, Once's Dark Hero, an Inhuman Twist and More
- More From TVLine
- Jennifer Hudson Readies for Her Broadway Debut in ‘The Color Purple'
- Photos of Bobbi Kristina Brown in Hospice Care Selling for $100,000
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Put Family First with Post-Split Bahamas Getaway
- Star Sightings July 2015
- Designer Marc Jacobs Won't Be Shamed For Accidental Nude Shot on Instagram
- More From ET