According to Kendrick, when she was getting her legs waxed, the Russian woman taking care of it asked her if she was also Russian and seemed surprised when Kendrick told her she wasn't.
"You look Russian," the woman explained, further clarifying that this was because Kendrick was beautiful.
When Kendrick explained that she was a blend of Irish, Scottish and English, the woman didn't believe it. "Women from the U.K. are very ugly," she said matter-of-factly.
I keep expecting this whole 'Eddie Murphy hosts the Oscars' thing to be a faulty meme, but now that the news is confirmed, I guess I'll have to come to grips with it. Okay -- done. After all, Murphy is one of the highest-grossing movie stars of all time, can be very very funny, and has proven he can still be funny without using swears ('Shrek'). He has been nominated for "The Statue." (And who can hold it against him if he left the theater shortly after he lost it to Alan Arkin?)
Truth is, the most shocking thing about this whole whirlwind of a story is that Brett Ratner is co-producing the Oscars. Has the Academy looked at his resume lately? What am I saying? These are the same people who thought James Franco and Anne Hathaway were the answer to their problems.
The Adam Lambert/ABC controversy is one of those things that makes zero sense to me. If you recall, after Lambert kissed a dude and briefly simulated oral sex with someone in his band on the American Music Awards, ABC freaked out and started banning him from their shows. The network canceled appearances on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' and 'Good Morning America,' apparently fearing that the 'American Idol' runner-up wouldn't be able to refrain from nibbling George Stephanopoulos' ear at 7:30 AM. What I don't get is why this is such a big deal: it's as if ABC is operating in a world in which Lady Gaga and her antics don't exist.
Now the big Lambert news is that he may be attending the Oscars, which is airing March 7 on ABC. As Lambert isn't in the film industry, this makes little sense-- except that he may be attending the ceremony with longtime friend Anna Kendrick, who is nominated for Best Supporting Actress for her turn in the George Clooney film, 'Up In The Air.'
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Funniest Quotes from ?Big Brother 17? Week 10
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Are the Nominees from the Top 6?
- 'Project Runway' Season 14: Ranking the Looks of 'Gunn and Heid'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' First Impressions: Who Will Win Season 21?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Cast: 'UnREAL' Star and More New Faces
- More From BuddyTV
- TNT to Release Public Morals' Entire First Season for Labor Day Weekend
- Arrow Season 4 Trailer Has Domestic Olicity, Damien Darhk, Constantine, Sara, Costume Changes and More
- Ratings: Mistresses Finale and Dome Hit Series Lows, Rookie Blue Rises
- TVLine Items: Castle Meets The O.C., Rob Riggle Gets Fresh and More
- Nashville's Chaley Rose to Return
- More From TVLine
- Mini-Darth Vader From Super Bowl Ad Gets Pacemaker Generator at 10 Years Old
- 11 Celebrities Who Totally Won the Summer in 2015
- Anna Faris Shares Son Jack's Potty Training Mishap on Twitter
- Alyssa Milano Says Ex-Boyfriend Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears Were 'Super in Love'
- 9 Celeb Couples Who Had Labor Day Weddings: From Ashlee & Evan to Sarah & Freddie!
- More From ET