April 17, 2014
by Jason Hughes, posted Feb 11th 2008 10:03AM
(S01E03) "I thought we were going to Cold Stone Creamery." Walt, Jr. with Hank
With this episode we come to the conclusion of what would be considered the "First Act" of the Breaking Bad saga. I have to say that I was very impressed with this conclusion, and with the opening arc. Cranston continues to dominate the screen with his tragic portrayal of a desperate man who's health is clearly failing more and more with each passing moment. Hard decisions are made, and the hardest and best decision he's made yet looks to be the one the episode ends on.
by Jason Hughes, posted Jan 28th 2008 4:45PM
(S01E02) "Is this going to be on the murder?" -- question asked by a student in Walter White's class, or at least how he heard it.
Things are starting to unravel fast for our "odd couple" of meth makers. Last episode left them with two dead bodies in the back of a wrecked RV filled with meth ingredients. How could it get worse? Well, what if one of those dead bodies isn't so much ... dead that is? The boys haven't sold any drugs yet, Pinkman's house is falling apart and White's marriage may not be far behind. Cranston's getting well deserved raves for his stellar performance, but as with most buddy comedies, and let's face it this is becoming a very dark comedy, it takes two great actors to pull it off, and Aaron Paul's Pinkman is an amazing foil for Cranston's White.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- American Idol Top 7 Performance Recap: Filler Queen [Updated]
- Arrow's Truths Come Out — Were You Surprised?
- S.H.I.E.L.D. First Look: Cobie Smulders' Agent Hill Finds an Ally, Amy Acker Guest-Stars
- Exclusive Community Season Finale Sneak Peek: Are Jeff and Britta Finally Saying 'I Do'?
- Exclusive: Banshee Promotes 2 to Series Regular
- More From TVLine
- 'Real Housewives Of Atlanta' Star Porsha Williams Charged With Battery After Fight with Kenya Moore
- 'Heaven is For Real': The Boy the Book is Based on Details Near Death Experience
- After Long Separation, Will Arnett Files For Divorce From Amy Poehler
- FIRST LOOK: ET's 'Dream It … Do It' Helps Stars Take On Their Bucket Lists
- How Tori Spelling Found Out About Husband's Cheating
- More From ET