(S34E23) Wow. Way to go, Will Ferrell. Maybe they should just bring back Saturday Night Live alumni for season finales from now on, because this episode was spectacular. Ferrell brought back some old favorites and a slew of famous faces, from the familiar to the inexplicable, including Amy Poehler, Tom Hanks, Anne Hathaway and Artie Lange. Here are some video highlights from the evening (Hulu vids are US only. Sorry, kids... you can also watch these videos at NBC's website).
- Disney puts out a creepy internal memo about Beverly Hills Chihuahua, which includes the word "doggy-rific."
- There's talk about a remake of Angel Heart. Here's hoping that they bring back the surgically-enhanced Mickey Rourke; it'll make the movie even weirder than the original.
- Here are seven horror remakes that don't suck.
- Four funny movie-related images from The Simpsons. Boba Fett freezing the family in carbonite is the best of the four.
- An audio interview with Anne Hathaway. What's she more embarrassed about, her jailbird ex or Get Smart?
- Blind people protest the movie Blindness. Go figure.
Would you believe it if I told you Get Smart falls somewhere in between? I could use the line many other reviewers have copped; you know, "The new Get Smart missed it by that much." Yes, well, it's true. Get Smart is not great on the big screen. It's okay. Nothing too shameful, but neither is it that inspired or wickedly built on the premise of the original situation comedy.
Hollywood has yet again dipped into the Pot of Unoriginal Ideas with the Ladle of Mediocrity, so hold out your bowls like poor Dickensian orphans, America for a steaming pile of Get Smart, the movie.
Perhaps with Steve Carell cast in the role originally made famous by the late Don Adams, this movie might be worth seeing, but when is the incessant retooling of old TV shows into feature films going to stop? Has the entertainment system become so masturbatory that it can't even look beyond itself anymore for fresh, new ideas?
At any rate, it was reported recently that Anne Hathaway has also been added to the cast in the role of Agent 99. Peter Segal (Tommy Boy, 50 First Dates) is directing the film, which begins shooting in March.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Amazing Race' Season 23 Finale Not So Fast Pass Rankings: How the Mighty Have Fallen
- 'The Amazing Race' Season 23 Finale Recap: Which Team Wins?
- 'Homeland' Recap: Brody's Allegiance is Questioned
- 'Revenge' Recap: Two Fiances are Better Than One
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: Kandi's First Moment as Bride-to-Be is Spoiled
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Blacklist,''Supernatural,''Glee,' and more of the best lines on TV this week
- 'Breaking the Faith': Worldly education in Salt Lake City
- 'The Mentalist' - 'Green Thumb': Back where we started
- 'Homeland' Season 3 episode 11 'Big Man in Tehran' recap: Brody chooses a side
- 'Amazing Race' 24 is all-stars: Which teams are returning?
- More From Zap2it
- Revenge Recap: The Bitch Is Back!
- Once Upon a Time Recap: Curses, Foiled Again!
- Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers From Masters of Sex, HIMYM, Scandal, Tomorrow People & More
- Paul Rudd Hosts Saturday Night Live: Watch Video of the Best and Worst Sketches
- What to Watch Sunday: Race Finishes, Mentalist Fall Finale, Bonnie & Clyde Ride Again and More
- More From TVLine